my project skin response meter

hai i am thinking to do mini project so for that i selected a simple one "skin response meter" .....this is a simple circuit that can sense whether the body is in relaxed state or not..the main concept involved is that the body offers some resistance depending on the mental condition...the circuit exploits skin's galvanic property to measure the stress level of the body...

i anybody is aware of this and know much more about this please post in this thread....i want more content about this because i couldnt explore much content about this on internet so i want our CEeans to help me out.....
please do post anything if you know anything about this friends this will be a very great help for me.....

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    andenagaveni24
    hai i am thinking to do mini project so for that i selected a simple one "skin response meter" .....this is a simple circuit that can sense whether the body is in relaxed state or not..the main concept involved is that the body offers some resistance depending on the mental condition...the circuit exploits skin's galvanic property to measure the stress level of the body...

i anybody is aware of this and know much more about this please post in this thread....i want more content about this because i couldnt explore much content about this on internet so i want our CEeans to help me out.....

please do post anything if you know anything about this friends this will be a very great help for me.....

See the fact is, based on our mental state, i.e. if we are relaxed or tensed, our Hear rate varies. Hence pulse rate, humidity on the skin surface all changes. The change in skin surface voltage or pulse rate can give a measure of the same. But the voltage is very low. So you basically need a sensor, an amplifier, an A/D and a microcontroller and relay based on what sort of output you are giving. 

Just search for pulse rate sensor or body current sensor, there are many low cost variable available in the market. A simple experiment can be conducted first by just measuring the voltage/current output of the sensor and viewing it in multimeter. based on variation either you code 8051/pic or use thrshold detector. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds, i need your help regarding my career, i have done BE(IT) in 2005 & MBA(Marketing & Systems) in 2009, i have 2 years work exp.,but now i want...
It might be easy guys but i am not getting it at all! What do we mean by abstract data type? How arrays are abstract data type?
can anyone tell me how to apply for summer training and enternship program at HCL ?
I am sure we have hundreds of engineers around who know that they ought to give back to the society as much as they get from it. As engineers we...
Hi guys , National Instruments(NI) came to our campus . These are some questions they asked for us .. 1). write a single C statement to display whether number 'n'...