My Little Nice a 11 years old, earns More than engineers, a case study.

Sounds interesting isn't it?

Rajit(Name changed for some Obvious Reasons), 11 year old Nice of mine who loves spending time with me had come for a month in his summer vacation last year. He was curious to learn some web development basics and I taught him. But it shortly became his hobby. Man he plays with scripts and SQL server. Due to little maturity, complicated workflow is difficult for him, but builds site with immense beauty.

It was his interest that motivated me to spend time with him over team viewer and in six months he was better than me in theming and site design. So all I did was created a small domain for him. He started making sites on "Animal Info", "Friend Circle", "Gradebook" and wow they were cool.

One day I just made a home page and linked all his hobby sites and put a tag "Site for sale us 20$".
That was the point from which he took over. He build sites and sales them. and till date in a year he has sold about 200 sites. and going. His parents are too happy that he is utilizing the time.

All I did was helped him open a bank account where that money goes. So that after 18, he does not have to look around for money. The way he handles the stuff is really cool and in about couple of years he will be more matured than many of his mates.

Wish you all the best boy. I posted your story so that many brains over here has a tickle, if a class VI student can do, so can we.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The problem with us is, we do not think OUT OF BOX.

I mean if we have something for easy, we are so hardwired that we go for a harder way for getting the same thing. A simple example is that, if we can earn 1 million from blogging part time, we are so hard wired that we engage in full time job to earn 0.5 million bucks. Isn't it? ๐Ÿ˜

By the way, all the best for your nephew ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I honestly could not understand what you said Issue!๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We are hardwired to do hard tasks.

Suppose you are getting 10 lakh from blogging and 5 lakh by being a salaried employee, most of us would go for that job. They will say that being salaried is a bit reliable while things like blogging are not 'permenant'.

Naturally there are many simple things around us that we can make money from. Most of the professions that we are seeing today did not exist 5 years back.

I came to know about a start up company Mu Sigma which employs so many newer methods that the people working there have transformed it in to $75 million venture.

My only point is that we should look for unconventional methods of earning money because although they are easy, they require your ingenuity to be spotted ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Got your point dude!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceans, I am planning to visit PUNE. So if there are ceans from Pune then we can arrange small Meet. What you say?
I put CE on the Advertising Display, Outside of My Company. Check out Video. [video=youtube;WLI9JzSFTuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI9JzSFTuE[/video] โ€‹
hey..i am in 3rd yr in i.t. i want to make a backgammon game(online).. i dnt kw hw to strt.. plzz i need guidance for it.. will it be good...
Automotive & Transportation Technology | October 05, 2011 | GlobalSpec Events
We r having a project on website development. We r made to use Apache Tomcat server, jsp as the front-end and my sql as Back-end. I am doing a project...