CrazyEngineers
  • Hello friend's
    Just completed my 7th semester mini project.It's "Technical Forum Development".
    I used tomcat as my web server and mysql as my database.I used java to power it up.I want to host it somewhere so that my project become live.
    I used open source server(tomcat) and open source DB(mysql) so that the the cost for the space is less.
    I want some suggestion from your side that is there any issue that i have to check before host it on any server ?
    I hear that java web-apps are slower than php apps is it right ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberDec 22, 2011

The_Small_k
    I hear that java web-apps are slower than php apps is it right ?
    Obviously, because there is another extra step for Java files to get compiled and deployed before execution. 😔
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • The_Small_k

MemberJan 8, 2012

Hello praveen
    Up to what i know java is compiled and interpreted language. I think it's a big advantage of java over php which is a interpreted language.
    After compilation java builds compressed byte code which is an optimized code.
    If you want to say about the java servlet file created by our server by seeing the action class it will slow down a little during first execution.But after that no one can beats java. While on the other hand on every action php interpret the codes.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJan 8, 2012

The_Small_k
    Hello praveen
    Up to what i know java is compiled and interpreted language. I think it's a big advantage of java over php which is a interpreted language.
    After compilation java builds compressed byte code which is an optimized code.
    If you want to say about the java servlet file created by our server by seeing the action class it will slow down a little during first execution.But after that no one can beats java. While on the other hand on every action php interpret the codes.
    Yeah, but relatively the response time of PHP is way better than Java, but it couldn't handle a lot of traffic, where as Java does... 😀
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register