My final year project issues ?

Hello friend's
Just completed my 7th semester mini project.It's "Technical Forum Development".
I used tomcat as my web server and mysql as my database.I used java to power it up.I want to host it somewhere so that my project become live.
I used open source server(tomcat) and open source DB(mysql) so that the the cost for the space is less.
I want some suggestion from your side that is there any issue that i have to check before host it on any server ?
I hear that java web-apps are slower than php apps is it right ?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Small_k
    I hear that java web-apps are slower than php apps is it right ?
    Obviously, because there is another extra step for Java files to get compiled and deployed before execution. 😔
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Hello praveen
    Up to what i know java is compiled and interpreted language. I think it's a big advantage of java over php which is a interpreted language.
    After compilation java builds compressed byte code which is an optimized code.
    If you want to say about the java servlet file created by our server by seeing the action class it will slow down a little during first execution.But after that no one can beats java. While on the other hand on every action php interpret the codes.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Small_k
    Hello praveen
    Up to what i know java is compiled and interpreted language. I think it's a big advantage of java over php which is a interpreted language.
    After compilation java builds compressed byte code which is an optimized code.
    If you want to say about the java servlet file created by our server by seeing the action class it will slow down a little during first execution.But after that no one can beats java. While on the other hand on every action php interpret the codes.
    Yeah, but relatively the response time of PHP is way better than Java, but it couldn't handle a lot of traffic, where as Java does... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Onida (Merc Electronics) has launched a range of Full HDTVs (1080p) in India. The specialty of these TVs is that they support Android and come pre-installed with apps like Facebook,...
Can someone tell me how to find the conservation of electrical energy in an LCR?Help me solve this please. LdQ^2/dt + Q/C = 0 LdQ^2/dt + RdQ/dt + Q/C =...
Question: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...eers-grand-quiz-question-15-a.html#post190662 This question was tricky and it had a cool surprise - additional 10 CE Coins! 😀 The clue ""...and the bright white light from eternity blinded him from...
This project seem very interesting Pedal-Powered (Vacuum) Zeolite Refrigerator - YouTube any tried it before ? i was just wondering if i can replace the Zeolite to just simple silica...
Quote: One of my pet peeves is to see an engineer identified as a scientist, or an engineering achievement described as a scientific one. It happens all the time in...