Multi-hopping with Zigbee

Hi friends, does anybody know about how to implement Multi-hopping with Zigbee Pro. I need some information regarding with this. Could anybody help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    GP17
    Hi friends, does anybody know about how to implement Multi-hopping with Zigbee Pro. I need some information regarding with this. Could anybody help me on this? Thanks in advance.
    well i have not worked on Zigbee but i can say that by using Addressing mechanism you can impliment Multi-hopping Network. and Zigbee works on that only.
  • GP17
    GP17
    godfather
    well i have not worked on Zigbee but i can say that by using Addressing mechanism you can impliment Multi-hopping Network. and Zigbee works on that only.
    Thanks for reply brother. Do you have any idea on how to do the addressing mechanism??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well which Zigbee module you are using? there must be one Address Register in ZigBee.
  • infinity_nimish
    infinity_nimish
    do you know to operate the zigbee module? i have operated on xbee 802.15.4 but not with zigbee. i think it too has transparent mode and api mode
  • GP17
    GP17
    godfather
    Well which Zigbee module you are using? there must be one Address Register in ZigBee.
    Sorry for late reply brother. I'm using Xbee Pro 60W wire antenna from digi. Full details can be find from this link: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • GP17
    GP17
    infinity_nimish
    do you know to operate the zigbee module? i have operated on xbee 802.15.4 but not with zigbee. i think it too has transparent mode and api mode
    me too using xbee pro 802.15.4 with X-CTU tools.
  • infinity_nimish
    infinity_nimish
    first of all you need to go through the entire xbee 802.15.4 document on digi.com

n multi hopping is easy.
    say node 1,2 n 3
    node1's destination address is node 3 with one hop.
    keep a flag in the data field of node 1 such that when received by node 2 the flag will say if the data is for itself i.e node 2 or it needs to be forwarded to node 3. if so then destination address of node 2 will be node 3
  • BabuK
    BabuK
    Hi,

If you want to send a message to a ZigBee device, you just send it to the MAC address or 16 bit address of the module you prefer. You can refer the document at the following link #-Link-Snipped-#<> for more details. Refer page number 53 for details about the Data Transmission. At the page number 99, they have described about API Operations and refer page number 129 for AT commands.

For further questions please consider using the

Regards!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HINT : Think mediocre lifestyle ๐Ÿ˜
Hi everyone! I'm Kathrine and quite new here. Look forward to meeting all of you, and thanks for having me here
Friends, I am solving online practice tests for GATE. And in this thread, I will ask my doubts. I am looking for someone who can clarify them. Anyway's we can...
friends, please post your online GATE test review here.
Yesterday was World Music Day Cheers to all music lovers Congratulations and thanks to all the people who have given us world of amazing music that makes us enjoy every...