MS in Top Ten Universities

Hi Friends,

I read a few threads about choosing between MBA and MS.
I was partially inclined to do MS but now i am sure about doing it😁
All Hail s!!!!!
All Hail Big K!!!!!!!!!

I am currently doing my 2nd year in EEE.
I want to do Masters in one of Top 10 universities.

What are the factors considered?

Let us say i have

- 85% aggregate in UG
- Really Excellent GRE score
- Good final year project.

Are these good enough?

Awaiting your reply guys
Thank you

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A bit of communications and leadership qualities will add up and dont forget to participate in organizational event in your graduation they will help you.
  • ananth22290
    ananth22290
    Leadership qualities and communication will help me during my PG. But will they help me in getting "into" these universities?
    And what weightage is given to GRE score and college marks?

Thanks
  • srinivasgumdell
    srinivasgumdell
    hey i heard that a paper presentation at the international level also adds up to the application
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    there are some implications..
    if you have leadeship qualities they will add up in your final year project aswell.
    coming to your qualifications you specified it is fine.
    You need to have good recommendation letters from your college , so if you have communication skills i think you will get it..
    And also be proficient in english too..😎
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Ananth,
    You will need great transcripts from your faculty members (the more renowned and noted the better!!), you will also need similar vouch from your external project guide.

Also, a lot of extracurriculars (outside the field of engineering and academics), workshops, et al. I suggest you see a consultant on this, they cost a bomb but they know their job.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ananth22290
    Let us say i have

- 85% aggregate in UG
    - Really Excellent GRE score
    - Good final year project.

Are these good enough?

Thank you
    Along with these as kidakka mentioned recommendation from professors and faculty matters a lot. Also your summer training project and recommendation from that place adds value to your profile.

Best of Luck
  • BookWorm87
    BookWorm87
    What is everyone's personal opinion on the top ten Universities?#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    SPAM

I guess we can have a recommendation letter with a sign of biggie as well..
    saying he is a good participant here 😀

/SPAM

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I need to use an accelerometer for a project. Problem is, I cant find an accelerometer in any of the local electronics shops. Where can I get a...
I want to know about the hacking mechanism. And i have heard one type of hacking. In that method there are three stages. First is to hack Traffic control,then to...
i need ebook of the following advanced electronic communication systems by wayion thomasi microprocessor and interfacing by a.k.ray computer system architeture by morris mano😕
I want to know about the combined transmission of electric motor & ic engine in a hybrid car. Help me.
I'm trying to debug a larger circuit of mine by breaking it up into smaller parts and dealing with them one by one. One of the parts of the circuit...