MS Colleges

Hi Everyone,

I am Manu, I am a BE graduate in CS. I want to pursue higher studies through distance learning program. I have 3 years of experience in IT.

Can you please suggest some good colleges which provide MS courses through distance learning. Is it required that the university should be AICTE recognised?

Regards,
Manu

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    AICTE recognition is advised, as there are many fly-by-night operators whose sole purpose is to dupe unsuspecting students.

Also, verify claims made by any university (unless it is very well known) of accreditation to AICTE.
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    Thank you for your immediate response. I checked some of the sites which says more about BITS. It is not recognised by AICTE where as Manipal is AICTE recogonised. I heard BITS is famous. Which one would you suggest? and what is the scope of doing part time MS compared to full time.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    If you want to work while pursuing your post grad, then of course distance learning/part time is your only option. However, if you want to concentrate on your post grad, I would recommend you pursue a full time course.

Both Manipal and BITS are good institutes. Some points of comparision:

1. Course being offered, if possible try to access the course content (subjects in a course, ,etc)

2. Feedback from alumni

3. Try and find out which college is famous for which course..For exapmle manipal may be famous for course A, whereas BITS for course B. Decide which course you would like to pursue.

4. What does the fee include (hostel charges, mess charges, laundry if available, etc)

These are just some points to consider before you decide to zero in on any college

[EDIT]
    Which BITS are you talking about??
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    yes, thats true. At present I cant think of full time. I want to pursue MS through distance.

I was bit confused about AICTE recognisation. I want to do MS in Software Engineering as I am from CS background. Which university is good?

I believe MS is the better option than Mtech as I am thinking to go for Phd after PG.

BITS is Birla Institute.

Manu
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd strongly recommend against distance learning certificates. Total waste of time & money.

What's the motive behind opting for MS through distance education?
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    want to go for Phd ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I don't know which is the best, but according what I have heard over the years, some of the best universities in india are:

Delhi University
    Pune University
    Anna University, Chennai
    University of Mumbai
    Jawaharlal Nehru University(new delhi)
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    i guess there dont provide distance learning option.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manu77
    want to go for Phd ๐Ÿ˜€
    How about applying for a sabbatical? Get in touch with your HR managers and check if you can obtain 2 years leave.

Distance learning certificate seldom works. Have you come across anyone who's benefited from such certificate?
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    i think i cant go for it because of financial conditions ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I agree with what biggie said, that distance learning programs are not at par with full time regular courses. If you have financial constraints, you should try and look for scholarships. Many corporate houses sponsor deserving candidates.

Also, your company might make some sort of arrangement with you wherein you do a masters degree at their expense and fill a bond that you will work with them for the next couple of years. Some companies do send their employees for higher education on their own expense. You should talk to your HR about this.
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    I will confirm with our HR. Thank you both for providing such a valuable information and immediate responses. Thanks a lot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manu77
    I will confirm with our HR. Thank you both for providing such a valuable information and immediate responses. Thanks a lot.
    ๐Ÿ˜€ Good to know.

Be very well informed about what you're doing. Blindly opting for distance learning education often ends into trouble & wastage of money.

Don't let the financial situation disturb your ambition. There are plenty of banks who will be more than happy to provide you with educational loan.

Keep us posted on your progress and be active here helping other members [โ€‹IMG]
  • Manu77
    Manu77
    Certainly!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Financial trouble means I could not quit job and go for full time course, not of taking MS admission . Because of that i had decided to go for part time. I guess it would same case with part time MBA.

Not sure how much the part time course will be helpfull if i take Phd. Now I would rather wait for some more time and opt for full time course๐Ÿ˜€

Manu
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Manu77
    No problem. As biggie said, you should try for an educational loan as well. I think the maximum you can get for studies within India is around Rs. 7,00,000 (INR)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am wondering how alexa works and finds the ranks of webpages. Anybody clarify me? or is it possible to rank the sites without ISPs.whether they own the ISP?
Hi all. I came across this forum on theadminzone, being a vBulletin forum admin myself ๐Ÿ˜€ The forums here look good. I'm a systems engineer for an industrial automation company...
I will be very happy if you will help me get a telecommunication project,which is interesting but not expensive,as my final year project in school.
Hi all, This is my first post so a big hello to everyone!! I am due to pick a title for my final year project for the 7th of October...
I'm looking to get my hands on some material for a project I'm trying to work on. I cant seem to get any info on where to buy or how...