Motorola XOOM India Gets Android 3.1 Update OTA

Motorola XOOM India users rejoice. Motorola will roll out Honeycomb 3.1 for your XOOM tablets from today. The new version will offer resizable apps for gmail, calendar and browser, support for PC Joysticks and gamepad. The new update also promises a wi-fi lock. Complete change log is as follows:-

• Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
  • Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
  • Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth (in any combination)
  • Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
  • Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
  • New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
  • Preloaded Adobe Flash Player, as well as File Manager
The new version will activate the SD card slot, allowing you to pop in 32GB extra memory. The update will be available Over the Air (OTA). In order to update your XOOM firmware, head over to Settings > About Tablet > System Updates. The download size is just about 40MB.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to mini projects ideas on vb -orcles
AirTel is offering 3G services in most of the regions in India now. I'm wondering whether we've CEans who're using AirTel 3G networks on their phones? If yes, how is...
I've been hearing lot of positive and negative reviews about Tikona Broadband from my friends. I've tried the network in Mumbai and it worked out fantastic. The download speeds were...
CEans who are interested in entrepreneurship and looking to participate in B-Plan competitions, please share the dates and schedules of the B-Plan competitions in your college and other colleges you...
Dell Streak 10 Pro was recently launched in China. The tablet looks perfectly like any other honeycomb tablet and has very regular tech specs: 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 T20 chip,...