Motorola Flipout 3G Android Phone Overview

When #-Link-Snipped-#, they'd not have known that the device will be an integral part of every human on the planet. The company has launched several cell phones in the market and Motorola Flipout differs from its competition with its new design. Let's have an overview features and technical specifications of this phone.

The phone has a swivel hinge which allows the screen to be turned in almost 180 degress. Flipout is a 3G phone and that's very much expected. The phone runs on Android 2.1 operating system can it can be upgraded to the Froyo (2.2). The phone supports multiple networks (WCDMA 850/1900, GSM 850/1200, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, EDGE Class 12, GPRS 12, aGPS, Version 2.0+EDR). The camera disappointed me as I'd not expect hi-def images, photos and videos from 3.2 MP camera. There are standard tools included with it including Geotagging, photo editing and effects, text comments and so on. Yes, Autofocus is very well supported which removes the pain in getting the right settings.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Motorola Flipout

With the Android OS, you get multiple number of applications along with music player, FM radio with recording, the audio and video player is capable of playing several regular music and video formats. This phone can also play streaming video when connected to 3G or Wi-Fi.

The power supply comes from 1170 mAh Li-Ion battery which will give you a talk time of about 3-4 hours. The company promises standby time of about 360+ hours on GSM (2G) mode. For email, you can configure your office's exchange server, POP, IMAP and SMTP. The included document viewer will let you view all your office documents, spreadsheets, presentations and PDFs. Google Talk is also included for your instant messaging needs.

The phone is capable of GPS and also has high speed USB 2 for data exchange. You can connect your standard 3.2mm audio jack for handsfree and music. The full QWERTY keyboard will remove the pain of typing on this phone. The touchscreen supports multi-touch and you can use 'Pinch To Zoom' into the maps and photos. There are dedicated keys for camera, home, music and 'back'.

The phone supports upto 32GB of expandable memory through microSD card and the phone comes bundled with a 2GB microSD. There are proximity and ambient sensors included in this device.

Price: The phone is available in India for Rs. 15990. The price is very competitive however, the absence of front VGA camera is disappointing me. With 3G rolling in, video calls are going to be very common in near future. I'd want my phone to be capable of it.

If you have questions, reviews, feedback about this phone, let me know through comments.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of college students are taking up to entrepreneurship. As a newbie, it must be really tough as well as challenging to face the various hurdles that come bundled...
Last week I was just reading around blogs and I found an advertisement about PC performance boosting software. It was long since I had reviewed any PC performance boosting software,...
My maternal uncle is Civil Engineer and he works for Indian Railways, whenever I meet his friends they tell me as an Engineer they always fantasize being like him because...
Beijing, Dec 9, 2010— GstarCAD, one of the world leading providers of 2D/3D CAD software, today announced the release of the significant functions of GstarCAD2011—a group of 3D solid model...
A day or two before while on CE-Forums I found someone was curious to know if there really exists any Hardware Virus? And the answer is yes there does exist...