Moto G5 Plus launched in India: tech specs, price and launch offers revealed

Lenovo-owned Motorola has officially launched the much-awaited Moto G5 Plus smartphone today in India, at an event in New Delhi. The Chinese phone-maker first unveiled the smartphone alongside the slightly more affordable Moto G5 at this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

moto-g5-plus-2

The new Moto G5 Plus's design is a step up from the last years Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus and it is now the first smartphone in the Moto G series to feature a premium splash proof, metal unibody design built using high-grade aluminum 6000 and crafted by diamond cut technology. There is the 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) AMOLED display with the scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the top for protection along with a physical home button on the front embedded with a fingerprint sensor. The home button is capacitive in nature and apart from fingerprint authentication, it supports One Button navigation gestures allowing users to jump to the home screen, long-press the button to standby, use it to open the multi-task window etc.

Like the previous iterations, the G5 Plus too comes loaded with Moto Actions feature allowing users to activate functions like the camera or flashlight by gestures or other stimulus and the Moto Display which shows a sneak peek of the notifications even when the phone's display is off.

Under the hood, the Moto G5 Plus is powered by the tried and tested, 14nm architectured 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC coupled with Adreno 506 GPU. There are two options for the memory, 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage and another with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage. Both the variants offer expandable storage support up to 256GB, via the dedicated memory card slot.​

Moto-G5-Plus

The phone's optics boasts off a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture lens, dual autofocus pixels, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and 4K Video recording. There is a 5-megapixel wide-angle f/2.2 aperture lens front shooter for selfies and video calling purposes. On the connectivity front, there is 4G LTE, dual-SIM support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and Micro-USB. The entire package of fairly potent hardware is fuelled by a non-removable 3,000mAh battery with support for Motorola’s TurboPower fast charging technology which claims to provide 6 hours of battery life for 15 minutes of charging. Coming to the software, it will run the Google's latest Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with AI-based Google Assistant and some minor UI customizations by Lenovo.

Moto-G5-Plus-launch-2

The Moto G5 Plus will come in two color choices of Fine Gold and Lunar Gray and will be sold exclusively via Moto G5 Plus: Buy Moto G5 Plus (Lunar grey, Fine Gold,16GB, 32GB) Online at Best Prices on Flipkart, starting 11:59 PM tonight. The lower 3GB RAM, 16GB storage variant is priced at Rs 14,999 and the higher end 4GB RAM, 32GB storage version will retail for Rs 16,999. The e-commerce platform Flipkart has also announced a special BuyBack Guarantee offer for the smartphone, entitling the buyer of a fixed exchange discount of Rs 7,000 for their Moto G5 Plus on their next purchase. Other promotional launch offers include an additional 10 percent discount on SBI cards, additional Rs 1,500 discount on an exchange, no-cost EMIs starting at Rs 1,889 per month, and Moto Pulse 2 headset at a discounted price of Rs 599.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Sir\Mam, I'm Bhagyalaxmi and I'm 14 years old. For my future I want to go for a Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ job in ISRO. So my question is which can be...
Just over a week ago, we brought to you the news that OPPO has sent out media invites for a launch event scheduled for March 23rd that has the tagline...
Google's latest Chrome 57 update will make the world's favorite browser battery friendly. Those of you who use Google Chrome to browse the Internet may already know that it's a...
Howdy CEans! I hope all is well with you. Here's a quick update on what's happening at CrazyEngineers. 1. We're back into Google News: As you are aware, CrazyEngineers is...
LeEco surely made a mark in Indian market with its ‘Le’ range of devices, allegedly at an expense of brand sustainability. Going by the rumors, the company was all set...