Mother of all Botnets Discovered - TDSS Malware variant TDL-4

According to Kaspersky Lab, a new TDSS rootkit variant called TDL-4 has infected more than 4.5 million PCs worldwide in just the first three months of 2011. The security experts say that this sneaky malware is one of the most technologically sophisticated threats to date. Because of upgrades from the previous TDL-3 incarnation, this new TDL-4 has the ability to create a botnet that is practically ‘indestructible’.
TDL-4 is a bootkit, it infects the master boot record of a PC which allows the code to run before a computer’s operating systems starts up. Doing this allows the malware, along with the programs it downloads, invisibility to operating systems as well as any antivirus programs. 😐

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote Over the course of today, thirty companies in the automotive sector will be throwing their doors open to teachers, careers advisors and, in some cases, students, as part of...
Lot's of companies (websites) provides Auto-Installer Scripts. Most popular is Fantastico. But, I found this one. Now you tell me which is better. And which is more powerful. 😀 1....
i don whether the UG is more user friendly than Solid works or else more technically deepen than ProE ....... why people preferable the UG
Hi to all How can we allow the user to add the new fields on the tables , with out do any application code change ? (meaning after they add...
Reviving the practice of using elements of popular music in classical composition, an approach that had been in hibernation in the United States during the 1960s, composer Philip Glass (born...