Moments of Irony: The best programmer!

This happened in my engineering college. Did it happen in yours?

The best programmer

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Loved the comment about Hiring Chemical engineer ๐Ÿ˜€

You missed one more entry, if the person who is attending the interview happens to be a girl and if she is beautiful then there are many chances of hiring!

No offense, I have seen this happening in my college!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    English-Scared
    You missed one more entry, if the person who is attending the interview happens to be a girl and if she is beautiful then there are many chances of hiring!
    If the interviewer is Male.
    I bet she will not hired if interviewer is female ๐Ÿ˜‰. (I have seen this example)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    If the interviewer is Male.
    I bet she will not hired if interviewer is female ๐Ÿ˜‰. (I have seen this example)
    ๐Ÿ˜ ^ LOL at that.

#-Link-Snipped-# That's a superb comic! It's right in your face - the students, the faculty, the job-givers - but somehow no one gives a damn!
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    True that, my good sir! Most get screened out at the first stage itself. Criteria? Okay then.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    So by all this it has become quite clear that now not only the education system, but even the recruiting system sucks.

But then i have always wondered : when an unfit guy gets selected for a job, then what happens once he joins the company ? do the sparks fly then ?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I am a live example of this! (Thank God!)

I got rejected in many companies at the initial stage because I did not have 70% in PUC ๐Ÿ˜€ . Well I was teaching in NIIT for 3 years and was more than good with Matlab, VC++, C++ back in 2002. Ultimately when I got a job with Hutch, I was so frustrated with the profile that I left before 2 weeks in company. And when I took up next IT Job, I could not stay for more than a year because you get promotion based on factors like Cast, Race, BE Percentage, Boss following, never mined you work for 16 hours a day for the companies.

And this is mainly the reason you see little contribution from Indian IT in products. Great minds leaves to US and Canada!

By the way the most useless department is HR in any company. Get rid of it to see some quality recruitment stuff!

I mean C'on ! An aptitude test for a programming position? Long Live stupidity!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah i get the frustration #-Link-Snipped-# i have seen people getting promoted like that.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    English-Scared
    Loved the comment about Hiring Chemical engineer ๐Ÿ˜€
    So did I, as a Chem E!

As a ChmE ( who are generally cosigned to eternal flames by the engineers of other branches) I lodge a protest. Many Chem Es are doing good work in developing software, though related to process optimization and other areas of Chemical Engineering.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Chuck You know and we know this is the proof of what shit happens in each and every college Some pay money to get selected that is the worst part of it
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    No wonder Indian IT companies are almost unknown abroad except for a few exceptions.

anyone from TCS, Wipro, etc. like to comment?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    College was two miles away in the outskirts of the small Tamilnadu town where I lived. Everyone walked. I was walking along dressed in the usual traditional Tamil dress of dhothi and a banian, which is all that the year round hot weather permits. A class mate going to the college asked,'Are you not coming to college?' I mumbled an excuse of having to buy vegetables, beat a hasty retreat, changed and went back.
    I would have gone like that to class!
    O O P S indeed.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    So very true! with the need for more robots (oops.. employees) the IT firms are in a hiring spree ๐Ÿ‘Ž

do they ever wonder... Had they taken just one perfect candidate that would've been equal to 10 programmers ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If a capacitor of equal microfarads is connected in parallel with the existing capacitor of a single phase induction motor, then the speed increases drastically. then, 1) does this increase...
It appears that gaming can add ten years to one's life span. At 73 I am not too enamoured to add ten years more to whatever is left for me....
Quote: In a new study, a team of researchers from South Korea, Japan, and the UK has fabricated a half-adder logic circuit using just five transistors Their paper, titled "One...
Here is mouth watering basket of gadgets and more including a camera, which lets you shoot first and focus later! I am glad that I am not a gadget freak....
can anyone can help me? i do not understand about that