MIT introduces Swimming, Oil Cleaning Robots

The "Seaswarm" robots, which were developed by a team from MIT's SENSEable City Lab, look like a treadmill conveyor belt that's been attached to an ice cooler. The conveyor belt piece of the system floats on the surface of the ocean. As it turns, the belt propels the robot forward and lifts oil off the water with the help of a nanomaterial that's engineered to attract oil and repel water.

Check out the SeaSwarm Robot:

[video=youtube;vruZVg6j9-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vruZVg6j9-I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Replies

• Suriyanarayan
    Suriyanarayan
    its awesome man!...
  • monizarekar
    monizarekar
    wat is the mechanism... of it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Both XML and Database are used to read and write data but can any one explain me in brief difference between database and XML( keeping security issues aside)? I mean...
Can we do something such that we can reduce the gravitational force or counter the gravitational force? Does Gravitational force possibly have a positive and negative? a north and south?...
I have 2 os on my pc. One is ubuntu and the other is windows xp . Since my windows is failing to boot i tried repairing it . But...
Guys, i m doing the very same project in final year... I have segmented the characters from the number plate and looking forward to complete the matching the extracted characters...
"Galaxy" is a new-age mobile social network which allows you to live a full virtual life in your mobile phone! Chatting with friends, sending private messages, meeting new people and...