missing "pulse" detector

hello
I want to do something similar to a missing-pulse-detector, but I want it to detect also steady signals
so I basically want to output high when the input is not switching up/down (up is around 1 second, down may be from 0.3s to 10s... but it doesn't need to be so exactly because it just should trigger if it's not switching for more than 15 seconds)

I'm trying to avoid using a microcontroller, so maybe 555 can do that?

input:
_--_--___--_--______________--___--_-----------------_--_--

output:
______________________-----_________________------______

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    So you want to monitoring the Input Pules Continue?
  • Lem0nHead
    Lem0nHead
    godfather
    So you want to monitoring the Input Pules Continue?
    yes
    summarizing
    the output should go high if the input is steady high or low for more than 15 seconds
    then the output goes down again when it switches
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Why not you use Microcontroller is there any restriction?
  • Lem0nHead
    Lem0nHead
    godfather
    Why not you use Microcontroller is there any restriction?
    no
    I just find it easier if it's possible with one or two 555, if it's possible
    otherwise I'd need to get a programmer board and learn to program
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yes let check out first that is it possible with 555 or not... and one more thinh buddy programming of Controller is not too much difficult.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, The planning for next CE Meet is already on. Since we are planning 'something new' for our CE Meet, the destination we have chosen for CE Meet is Pune,...
can anyone suggest good handbook for ECE ME TANCET to buy from market?also give author name,publications name.iam from india.
hi iam doing my final year BE.can i have some ideas about projcts related to power electronics. mainly about inverters and cycloconverters.
Hi all, Here is a series , find the next numbers and this series corresponds to some type of numbers , whats is it ? So you to find the...
ICC Twenty20 World Cup 2009 will start from 5 June 2009 in England. After the successful staging of its inaugural tournament in South Africa, cricket fans are expecting similar excitement...