Miniature lightweight brushless DC air compressor anyone?

Checking out my options here and wondering if anyone has any clue of the existence of miniature brushless motor DC-powered air compressor? That entails that the compressor be very small, like say 60mm by 40mm or so, weighing less than 80 grams, and able to output highly compressed stream of air (continuous or pulse). Maybe a separate container would be needed to hold the compressed air? Before devising such an item, perhaps this already exists? Thanks for your intuitive input.

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I have seen commercially available air compressors, which are small, actually portable compressors for cars. They work with the cigarette lighter socket. But what you are talking about is very small. I don't know about any usability common enough to make this small capacity type available in the market, but who knows!
    Can't you just make one for yourself, it may be easier to make(I think)!
  • DanCout
    DanCout
    aj_onduty
    I have seen commercially available air compressors, which are small, actually portable compressors for cars. They work with the cigarette lighter socket. But what you are talking about is very small. I don't know about any usability common enough to make this small capacity type available in the market, but who knows!
    Can't you just make one for yourself, it may be easier to make(I think)!
    Thanks for reply aj, yes, the option to build is one I'll have to contemplate. I'll check on portable radial blowers and miniaturize from there as it seems I won't have to deal with compressing air before use after all. ;-)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook), Tim O'Reilly (O'Reilly Media, Inc.), John Battelle (Federated Media Publishing), "A Conversation with Mark Zuckerberg" Watch the Video: [video=youtube;CRUOl03nZIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUOl03nZIc[/video]
If you thought your status messages on the social networking site, Facebook, can only be updated by you or somebody who has actually hacked into your account, you need to...
Guys I want this section to be alive again.I have seen that this section is almost dead. Please give some time to this section too. How about making a small...
Hi, to all friends.. Actually i want to gain my skills in communication.Please tell me how can i become fluent in english and increase my vocab..
a candidate appearing for an examinations has to secure 40% marks to pass paper 1.But he secured only 40 marks & failed by 20 marks. What is the maximum mark...