Microsoft OneDrive To Replace SkyDrive With Updated Features

As announced by Microsoft a few weeks earlier, SkyDrive was renamed to OneDrive. Last year, Microsoft had lost a trademark case for SkyDrive with BskyB, which owns trademark rights to “Sky” in the EU. But the transfer is yet to happen and hence OneDrive is marked as “coming soon”. It will soon be available with some added services compared to SkyDrive. According to LiveSide, OneDrive will offer up to 8GB of extra storage. A referral bonus of up to 500MB can be earned by referring it to a maximum of 10 friends. Both, the subscriber and the referral will be getting the 500MB bonus.
microsoft-onedrive-livesino
onedriveupdates
A second bonus of 3GB storage can be earned by simply choosing to sync images from camera to OneDrive using the OneDrive app that is available for iOS, Android, or the built-in Windows Phone function. These bonuses will be in addition to the free 7GB of storage that new users get.

Along with the storage offers, a "co-owner folder" feature for OneDrive will be there which will allow users to share, edit and delete files and invite people to a folder. New co-owners can also be added.

OneDrive-Co-owned-Folder
Also, you will be able to sync shared files and folders to your own PC which is an advantage over the SkyDrive, which too had the feature of shared folder. But it could not sync any files or folders that are shared. As a result, offline access to shared content was not possible.

Release date for OneDrive is not yet known. You can register your email id’s on OneDrive’s site for updates.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great share. Microsoft had recently shared OneDrive Introduction video. Here -

They are promoting OneDrive with the tag line - "One drive for everything in your life."
    Sounds way better than SkyDrive. Great promotion, Microsoft!
  • Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    That is right, MS has to face this and bring OneDrive. Waiting to use it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yeah, after this, I'm back in dilemma thanks to the never ending selection of lenses (obviously more costly). Right now, I'm stuck between the Canon 50mm EF f/1.8 II Lens...
SkyMapper, a fully automated 1.35m wide-angle optical telescope at Siding Spring Observatory in northern New South Wales, Australia has mapped a star which formed just after the Big Bang explosion,...
A while back when Amazon announced their ambitious plan of delivering stuff by drones, people across the world first expressed their concerns and then started making jokes about safe delivery...
The Bitcoin price dropped to its lowest level in the nearly two months. The best-known operator of bitcoin digital marketplace, Mt. Gox(Tokyo-based) recorded one of the biggest drops for the...
Can you pls tell me the various pins in this diagram? I am not able to distinguish the various pins in it I have uploaded the image here of the...