Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Available, Brings Significant Performance Boost

Windows only: Microsoft is pushing out Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, promising significant performance improvements and support for the OpenDocument format, among other things. Photo by Sunfox....

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Available, Brings Significant Performance Bo

This service pack is really cool, Atleast for me it improved the performance by a fair margin. Also new development(support to OpenDocument format is superb. OpenOffice works, but it's real SLOW).

Any other experiences?

-CB
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    Re: Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Available, Brings Significant Performance Bo

I still use 2003. This 2007 thing is damn slow. i have seen 2 GB ram systems stuck with opening outlook and word doc after getting 2007...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain

arunhero99
    I still use 2003. This 2007 thing is damn slow. i have seen 2 GB ram systems stuck with opening outlook and word doc after getting 2007...
    In which century you are living... ? ๐Ÿ˜

There may be some problem in the system because of that office 2007 product was stucking. My experience on 2007 is pretty good and very fast, with tons of features.

-CB
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99

crazyboy
    In which century you are living... ? ๐Ÿ˜

-CB
    ๐Ÿ˜€ Its my official laptop and desktop man... In them I can use only versions recommended by my client. 1 is 2GB T61 thinkpads and other is an MCS 7845I-3000 server. The recommendation is based on (efficiency+features)/unresolved bugs ratio. Its much higher for older versions.

for normal usage 2007 may be cool, but when it comes to high performance official work, it still has to go a long way. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain

Ohhh Boy!! that looks cool....

However, me too using Office 2007 in office only with high performance official work. Agree that there are few issues in 2007 and it will undergo various bug fixe pathes for performance as well.. chill buddy.

-CB
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99

Ha Ha... No issues Dude... Just thought that 'Which century' thing needed a reply... ๐Ÿ˜‰ hope that clears the century issue...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have to build an automatic sequential with 74613 counter and 32x4 Prom memory which has the evolution of the following states (shown in the figure attched to this message)....
Microsoft just pushed out Office 2007 Service Pack 2 this morning, but that doesn't meant they're not already hard at work on Office 2010, the next version of the popular...
Hello fellow CEans in India! For those involved with networking.. hows the current progress for adoption of carrier Ethernet in India? Have service providers tested out equipments of different vendors?
Help me out with this numerical- A d'Arsonval meter of 200ohm dc coil and o-1mA sensitivity gives full scale reading of 10mamp on using a shunt resistance of a)2.22ohm b)22.2ohm...
Dear all, Iam looking for a photodetector of 20mm lonk strip and must be IR and daylight photodetector, must not be array type. If you provide datasheet then i will...