Microsoft Academia Accelerator wants to fix Industry - Academia relations

Microsoft Academia Accelerator will soon be functional at all the IITs, BITS Pilani and IIITs. The accelrator will conduct workshops to cover the industry relevant topics and technologies and also organise hackathons (called code.fun.do) to build applications for Microsoft's platforms & cloud.

My only concern is that why is every accelerator targeting only the top engineering colleges? Why not bring the program to NITs and leading private engineering colleges as well? I think most of India's innovation in coming years will be from colleges not well known.

What say you?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A cinema dialogue comes in mind"Rich get richer and poor get poorer "
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I'm only saying that these programs should be available to those who may need them. There are ample opportunities and facilities available to IIT and other top leading engineering institutions.

I however do admit that the quality of engineering students in most of the engineering colleges is 'sad'; if that's the proper word.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mircomax Canvas XL A119 is the latest entry from Micromax in the Android mid-budget segment. Powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, the Canvas XL A119 features a 6-inch touchscreen...
Name: Kanagasundaram.K *Engineering Trade: B.E(Computer science) Location: cheyyar(Thiruvannamalai Dt),Tamil Nadu State,South India *Occupation:working as a System Administrator in Krizz Company(Chennai) Work Experience:Two year and eight month above *Hobbies & Interests:...
A codefest like none other is finally here!! Kurukshetra in association with PayPal is proud to present "Hackathon", a signature event that is sure to awaken the programming scion inside...
Hi guys this is Vigneshwari currently pursuing final year B.Tech Biotechnology...I am always curious about the crazy innovations especially in the field of engineering while surfing i came across the...
I am in my junior year of working on a Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Sacramento, California, USA. I also work as a translator (French, German, Italian, and sometimes Dutch)...