Micromax Modu T "Lightest Touch Phone Ever" Reviews & Price In India

This is some company which always makes a statement, and I am proud to share my nationality with them! Micromax has performed another feat which has even got into the Guiness Book of World Records!

#-Link-Snipped-#Presenting the Micromax Modu T.

The fact that puts it into 'THE BOOK' is that it is the lightest 3G touchscreen mobile phone ever. This new mobile weighs only 55grams (yes,I can't believe it too). If you think the weight will limit its functions, think again! It is a Micromax, ladies and gentlemen! You will be baffled when you hear that it has a 2.2 inch touch screen with a 5 megapixel primary camera! It has a music player supporting MP3, AMR, MIDI and even wav files. It has a video player, and also a FM radio. Having all these features with a good lot of memory will be inviting for your senses, wont they? This beauty has a preloaded memory of 2GB and the memory is expandable upto 32GB! Sounded crazy to me, but its a feat worth to be applauded, if you ask me.Going to the connectivity side, it is a 3.5G compatible phone! It supports GPRS/EGPRS, MMS, WAP, and bluetooth. The company has not revealed the version of bluetooth yet! It supports POP3 and IMAP email. If you do mind, it doesn't have a Wi-Fi support. Yes, I personally feel that a drawback, but still look at the other specs!

Speaking about the operating systems, the phone is going for the HTC favorite, the BREW by Qualcomm. Yes, it is not that common, but don't think you are powerless just because of that, the relevant apps and games are available in the internet. For whatever apps you can't find for the BREW, use the Java support. Don't rub your eyes, what you are reading is true, it does have Java support. Lets talk about the physical specs, well, it weighs 55grams, you know that, don't you! it is 75mm long, 46.5mm wide and 11mm thick. It is a bar style phone. I just love those cute bar style phones, makes me remember of the chocolate bars, mmmm delicious!

Now, if we are done with all the features, lets move to the fun side of the mobile! The company asks three questions in the Superman style "Is it a camera, is it a sports gear, or is it a smart phone?" (hope you remember 'is it a bird, is it a plane' phrase). I didn't tell you something about the camera, in the specifications, they say "with extension jacket". Yes, we have to add on the camera, and the extension jacket gives it a look of a sporty camera. And what do you see under the second question, hey, is it a new sports watch, no, it is a 3G sports phone... I was looking for something like this, strap it, plug those earphones to your ears, and start jogging to the beat, its that simple. I am starting to love this thing!

Remove all that accessories, you see a smart phone in your hands, using the envious BREW OS. It has emphasised in social networking too, with apps related to Flickr, Face book, Snap tu etc. And for some more fun, it has added up TuneWiki media player and You Tube.

Now I should come to something which would break the heart of a few. It has only a 500mAh Li-ion battery. Yes, you are understanding it the correct way. It can give you only a three hour talk time, and a maximum stand by time of eight days.

Now, lets wrap this thing up! The phone, cute as it is, is sleek, beautiful, and a typical Micromax(maximum from the minimum). Its made for passionate, strong and work-hard-die-hard kind of people; I mean, photo enthusiasts, work out addicts and young professionals. A light weight giant is what you get in this phone, when you consider the weight-to-features ratio. And did I miss something? Yes, the main part, how could I miss it, the price. This cool gadget costs somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 rupees, and its worth the money. You will find a phone, the camera extension a.k.a. Camerafy, a Sportify arm band and headset with a remote control inside the box along with the phone, quickstart guides, adaptor, USB cable and warranty card.

The phone is the result of a tie up between Israel's Modu. and it is a marvellous product to be launched as a debut of thae tie-up.

If you ask me, buying a Guniess Book of World Record fame for that cost is a feeling which should be felt. I am going to buy one myself. See you around!

Quick view-

Form Factor-BarStyle

Band-Tri-band GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 MHz

WCDMA UMTS 900/2100 MHz

HSDPA 3.6 Mbps, GPRS/EGPRS

Weight -55gm

Dimensions-75mm*46.5mm*11mm

Display -2.2” LCD Touch Display, (320*240 pixels) QVGA

Camera (Extended Jacket) 5MP

Music-Yes, Music Player (MP3 / AMR / MIDI / WAV)

Stereo FM Radio-Yes

Email-Yes (POP3, IMAP4)

Operating System-BREW

Games-Yes

JAVA-Yes

Bluetooth-Yes

Video Player-Yes

Video Recorder (using the camera extension jacket)-Yes

GPRS/WAP/MMS-Yes

Video Streaming-Yes

HSDPA-3.6Mbps

Preloaded Memory-2GB

Expandable Memory-Up-to 32GB

Battery Type-500 mAh Li-ion Battery

Talk Time-Up-to 3 hours*

Standby Time-Up-to 8 days*

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian mobile company, Micromax mobile is launching newer cell phones every day and it's getting lot of attention in the media lately. Micromax's Q6 Dual SIM phone is one such...
Gone are the days when searching on the web meant simply navigating through the pages! Browser is now a window to keep connected to everything. This concept leads us to...
CEans, Not many of the engineering students know that it's quite easy to find Final Year Projects based on Java Technology. Our engineers have contributed thousands of innovative and fresh...
LAVA's KKT32 comes with a tag line of 'Power to Attract'  and it is smartly priced at Rupees 4999/- . Let's take a look at this phone and find out...
The world is going mobile and no one wants to miss the mobile bandwagon. Almost every big electronics company in the world is getting their own phone ready and most...