Microcontroller based data acquisition system

What to do exactly in microcontroller based data acquisition system for measurement time display of physical quantity such as temp,pressure,level dispacement flow & humidity😕

Replies

• amolhshah
    amolhshah
    Most of the sensors have analog output so you will require an ADC to convert the analog voltage into digital
    there can be two kinds of DAS
    1. Online Tracking i.e. the data to be monitored is directly sent to the final recording device eg. PC
    2. Offline Tracking i.e. the data to be monitored is stored temporarily in the memory & later on it is connected to the PC where the whole log is copied.
    The parameters are monitored on real time basis
    In Online tracking you wont require memory or RTC or memory for recording as the PC is used, in offline tracking you will require an RTC, EEPROM (for temporary storage)
    now wot kind of DAS are you planning to do? 😒
  • omya_816
    omya_816
    Hey amol..... thak u very much.....
    Tell me if i giv temp,pressure flow...etc as a input signals to d multiplexer,after converting dem into electrical signal, will it work????

Is the following sequence correct???

i/p signal-transducer-signal conditioning block- a/d converter- microcontroller- interfacing-display...
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    why do u require a d multiplexer? just use a higher channel ADC like ADC 0808 8 channel, 8 bit ADC check this Link for ADC 0808 interfacing Best Online Shop for Electronic Components in Indiaor if you need higher bit ADC then use the MCP 3210/02/04/08 which is a 12 bit ADC and the last two digits represents the number of channels

yes the sequence is correct
  • omya_816
    omya_816
    hey amol.....
    What that digging is???
    Is it necessary to see the project which I want....??
    That link is excellent....
    confused abt digging.....
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    dude Digg is a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, Digg surfaces the best stuff as voted on by our users, so if you like the link you can submit it to digg by clicking on the digg icon....check out News and Trending Stories Around the Internet | Digg

There are more tutorials, articles and sample codes at my site, like LCD interfacing which will be useful in your project...#-Link-Snipped-#
  • eni
    eni
    hey shah. i'm supossed to do my final project. so please help me with any idea to enable my do the project. my course is instrumantation and control.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Why dont you begin first???and start sharing ur roadbloacks!!!everyone out here will help u
  • omya_816
    omya_816
    Hey amol.......
    You have done a superlative job...........
    Thanx for helping me dude.......
    i got whatever i want...
    Hats off to u HUNK...
  • ddspliting
    ddspliting
    In an EFI project of car engine(we used 1sz Toyota Vitz engine) we selected Motorola 68HC11 micro-controller in early project phase. Good thing is this MCU has built-in ADC which i guess maybe present in other micro-controllers too. So it ll be better to use those MCUs with built in ADC.
    For learners, 8051 is better...
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    GLAD I COULD HELP 😁

😒 hey eni, saurav is right why dont you give a idea or concept that you want to do or maybe you have seen somewhere and liked it very much and we will help you with that, scratch ur head a bit dude
  • eni
    eni
    thanks dude, letme start scratching my head when i get the idea i'll post it for you help. thanks
  • shail
    shail
    omya_816
    What to do exactly in microcontroller based data acquisition system for measurement time display of physical quantity such as temp,pressure,level dispacement flow & humidity😕
    how do i do image processing using microcontrollers
    😕
  • vasista2004
    vasista2004
    sir , i want to do this project can u kindly furnish details with codes and how much was the cost of implementing sir ..kindly send me details sir to #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey... I need some information on Zigbee technology.....any gud links.......... n if at all i could get any idea for a B.E. project on zigbee....it wud be gr8..... Thnx...
hey ppl.. i need sum ideas fr final year projects in electronics field....plz help me...i hav 4 days only
Hi all, I just want to share data among processes in the same computer. To do this I have: 1) sockets (since I want to share data in same computer,...
Can anyone tell me the methods of earning through online along with websites...i am currently using bux.to which is nt enough.....i can work for about 5 hours a day for...
CEans, If you get following message in your email - just delete it. This is a phishing attempt to steal your AXIS Bank account credentials. Security Alert: Attention! Your Axis...