melting point of ice and freezing point of water

dear CE ans,
I want to know how the freezing point of water and meting point of ice can ba same 0 degree Celsius.how can both happen at the same point.

Replies

• raksh001
    raksh001
    kingsly
    dear CE ans,
    I want to know how the freezing point of water and meting point of ice can ba same 0 degree Celsius.how can both happen at the same point.
    Water and ice at 0 degree remain at equillibrium.
  • Vega
    Vega
    During the process of conversion of ice into water, at zero degrees celcius, heat provided is used to convert ice into water and not to raise the temperature. So temperatue will not rise from Zero degrees unless all ice is converted into water.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    it is because of latent heat of fusion...as if latent heat of fusion is added to the equilibrium then ice will change to water at O c....and if this heat is removed then water will change into ice at O c.....
  • kingsly
    kingsly
    thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Vega
    During the process of conversion of ice into water, at zero degrees celcius, heat provided is used to convert ice into water and not to raise the temperature. So temperatue will not rise from Zero degrees unless all ice is converted into water.
    That heat is called Latent heat.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me the maximum primary voltage for which high voltage transformer can be practically designed these days?
why do we use transformer for impedance matching?
hi people. i am looking forward for doing a project in IC engines and Gas turbines.somebody please help me out.
okay i just want to ask a question. more like give an idea. its just a simple one and i cant find any better place to find out if its...
hi guys i recently created a blog for which i need some html codes. that is if one clicks on a link a list of drop downlinks must appear. for...