Meet Anki's Cozmo, An AI Powered Best-Friend Come Pet

Humans are social animals. We know it, we raise our voice in support of this ideal truth, but due to social responsibilities and work load we fail to prove the same. Some say its due to the recent technological advancements, some say it’s the “generation z” life style. Whatever the reason is, at least in metropolitan cities, communities now consist of unit nuclear families. If we blame technology to teach us how to be loaners then we should thank it for decorating our lonely lives with friends with no blood and bones, only codes crafted inside with the same emotion that we feel.

Anki, a USA based AI powered electronic product design venture has recently updated its stock with tons of cute and lovable pets named Cozmo. As claimed by the manufacturers it could be your best play mate as well as the compassionate partner who understands your emotions and provides response accordingly. Not just that, it winks, it makes faces and it would constantly nudge you if something bothers it. With all hi-tech features packed inside this tiny toy actually transforms into a super intelligent robot with self-actuated mind.

ankis_cozmo
The Cozmo

Unlike others, the company decided to design the robot with a free will to discover and learn from its own experiences. An unsupervised learning method blended with its code tags it as the contemporary hybrid having a clear-cut standard for the upcoming specifications. Boris Sofman, CEO of Anki mentioned that their target was to optimize a machine with emotions that could connect to human hearts retaining its robotic personality and simplicity. To commemorate that, designers glued to its window shaped blue eyes which lighten up if it sees someone whom he can recognize.

Furthermore, if the device is rotated or flipped towards a side it prompts responses corresponding to that behavior. As the device is specially designed for little ones, the robot itself becomes conscious if it feels insecure due to certain actions performed upon it. It reacts to show that it is scared and the user restricts himself from further experiments. Cozmo’s brain is placed inside a smartphone application to reduce the size and enhance the usability. Ultimately it’s a game playing machine which knows your choices and present you the curated list based upon your selections. The just released wonder is up for grabs at $159.99 and is shipped to the United States only.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# |#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Educational video games are now becoming the most acceptable form of an emerging alternative to primary education and para-learning methodologies. To Cornell Computer Scientists, the native “Crystallize”, a language learning...
In the past few days, I've read thousands (and I'm not exaggerating) of documents about various tools and technologies that become a part of various technology stacks commonly used. One...
I'm an electronics engineering students. seeking for possible thesis projects to be proposed for me to graduate.. please help me guide. thank you and GODBLESS
An interesting article on anatomical opposite terms. A wrong understanding can have major consequences for biomedical design. The Difference between Medial and Lateral, Proximal and Distal, and Superior and Inferior...
I am a fresher and want to know what would be the role of a mechanical fresher in the filed of pharma