Mechanical Engineering career questions

I'm doing a career project for my class. I was hoping you guys have some time to answer some questions about your job for my project.

1.What is your favorite part of the job? Least favorite?
Anything you would change?

2.Why did you choose this job? If so, what influenced this decision?

3.Do you see yourself doing this work until you retire?

4.What were difficulties you had to face getting the job you have now? Such as school, money,etc.

5.Is the job what you expected it to be? Is it better than you imagined, or not what you hoped for?

6.Would you recommend others to this line of work?

7.Briefly describe your job responsibilities.

8.What education and training were necessary for this job?

9.What types of personal traits or skills are most helpful in this career? Why?

10.What is most challenging about your job?

11.Do you have benefits? Pension? 401K? Health/Dental Insurance?

And for those who are at hiring capacity.

1. What do you look for when hiring?
2. How do you decide the right person for job?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CE members i need a help for you... Can anyone tel me link for case studies for salary payment based on performance appraisal... I searched in google but couldnt...
from where can i get to study the cooling properties and behavior of oil towards heat. which oil to use if it has to be directly injected in combustion chamber...
Friends try Opera 10.0 - its amazing. One of my friend told me about Opera, Its just great, if you are developing any WML sites, you dont need any mobile...
Hi, I am a Mechanical Engg student at Rpsit, Patna. I wantt to do internship or vt at Tata Motors or Ashok Leyland. How should I apply? Kindly help me...
Hi, Here is my introduction: Name: Nidhi Engineering Trade: IT Location: India Occupation: working Work Experience: 2yrs Hobbies & Interests: Net surfing and learning new things as much as I...