Mechanical Engg Books Good For university & competitive exams

hi...

can somebody please tell me if these books are good for university exams as well as for competitive exams.

#-Link-Snipped-#- Norton, Rebort L Books Store Online - Buy Rebort L Books Online at Best Price in India | Flipkart.com
#-Link-Snipped-# by Crouse Books Store Online - Buy Crouse Books Online at Best Price in India | Flipkart.com

Thanks !!

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    No, as far as Indian university & competitive exams are concerned, referring solely to foreign authors is not recommended.
    These books are very good for reference purposes.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the automotive mechanics by crouse is one of the best books for automobile. it might help for university exams though.

not sure for the other competitive exams.
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Actually I cant spend a lot of money on books (due to my financial Condition). So I want to select books which help me to clear university exams and GATE too.

I am in dilemma because usually foreign insist upon logic and university exams are full of Numericals..
  • mechky
    mechky
    pverma
    Actually I cant spend a lot of money on books (due to my financial Condition). So I want to select books which help me to clear university exams and GATE too.

I am in dilemma because usually foreign insist upon logic and university exams are full of Numericals..
    In that case, refer to VB Bhandari for Machine Design. I don't know whether automotive mechanics is in in your curriculum or not but if it is then refer to Automobile Engineering by Kirpal Singh. Otherwise you don't need that book.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I am a mechanical engineer from Tamil Nadu. I want to know which is the best book to study welding technology. Please share the names of some good authors...
Absolute Zero Comics - Aluminum Coils - A joke made by my senior in college. Enjoy!
Venus is still in transit will be visible upto 10:22. This is lifetime event which you can only see next time in year 2117 . I hope everyone enjoyed this...
Which better for a fresh Engineering graduate (b.tech IT or CSE) infosys or wipro ?
my sister has done btech from a private college in banglore,now she had got 3000 gate score with 98 percentile.She will be getting admissin in top nit's....she also have a...