Meat from Stem Cells? Is it vegetarian?

Mark Post, a Dutch scientist, is working on producing meat products from cow stem cells that has an enormmous potential to revolutionise the meat industry and minimise environmental issues.
Patrick Brown of the Stanford University School of Medicine has a further twist to this. He feels that such products from animal cells still have an environmental impact. He is going all out to get meat mimics form purely plant cells.

Personally, I will still stick to my conventional Soth Indian vegetarian food.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    It might be less cruel but it certainly is not vegetarian and for myself a vegan, I will abstain.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vegan is the way to better future 👍

{ Debate On! } 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm hooked to Gmail ever since it was launched in private beta years ago. The clean and 'minimal' interface got me addicted to the service and till date; I've never...
Hi, I am doing B.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering and wish to pursue masters in the same field later. How many seats are alloted in IITs for M.tech. in biomedical engineering,...
Owners of the playbook should quickly head over to the settings tab on your tablet and check for the firmware upgrade. The new OTA firmware upgrade brings loads of new...
It looks like the Indian Government is taking social network seriously. Few days ago the Government really went bullish against the social networks banning all the 'objectionable' content. But the...
I'm talking about 'startups' : aka your small < 10 person company which dreams big and everyone working in it is responsible for everything. I've been reading a lot about...