Meaning of SDS rotary hammer specifications?

In the description of an SDS rotary hammer such as "Makita HR3210C 1-1/4-Inch SDS-PLUS", what does the "1-1/4 inch" refer to?

For an ordinary drill, the "1-1/4 inch" would be the max diameter bit than can be chucked. But "SDS-PLUS" is a special type of chuck that is not turned to adjust its diameter. Do SDS-PLUS bits have various size shanks? Does the "1-1/4 inch" refer to the largest size shank that will fit the hammer?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    i feel so the same way.

i have not used rotary hammers though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey frns....hello i have a question abt micro controller 8051 programming.. suppose a switch is connected to pin p1.6 of 8051 and a buzzer is connected to pin p1.7. when...
Hey people! I need a matlab program for the optimized design of a 500 KVA, 11kV/415V, 3 phase core type, delta/ star, distribution type transformer. Please help me with the...
i'm 2011 passout B.Tech IT.after completed my graduation i working in one project center for more than 1 yrs in java.Now i'm having ocjp certification.Now i want job in IT...
Any methods for simple wifi hacking..!!
Hi I'm in need to know about the fields offered in ME for PG. Can anyone list it out?