Matlab voice effects

Helo all engineers,

Im a newbie in audio processing. im doing project on voice effects on MATLAB. Most effects like delay, distort are very direct and easy. But i hav problems wth following effect

I want to change normal voice to chipmunks-like (high pitch) voice. What i can think of is to change higher pitch/frequency but it shortens the duration. I googled and some say phase vocoder can be use for frequency change and time stretching of signal. Is it possible and what does phase vocoder do???

Also, i want to convert male voice to females voice. I dont think changing pitch will do it. Because of different vocal tract between make and female makes the conversion hard. Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thank you

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi folks, I was wondering if any of you guys use any low-tech solutions to aid in building mechanisms etc? The reason I ask is that after reading an article...
HI, I want to know the basic technology used behind sending messages from PC to mobile and vica versa. What are the hardware and software requirements for the same. thanks...
I'm sure If CE gives scores to the posts which is answered well by post. If it works as follows It will be better I think,,,😛 I think for each...
How to get the source code of an HTML page in Text file Through java? I am coding an application.one module of that application is given below: The first part...
How do I write , End of Interrupt command? I am using C++ I can't find this information anywhere. I appreciate any help . Thank you.