CrazyEngineers
  • Kaustubh
    Kaustubh

MemberDec 21, 2005

Math Tips & Tricks

I'll start this thread for tips & tricks related to mathematics. Let's not keep the scope of this thread limited to Quantitative section in GRE. Also let's keep Advance Mathematics (Derivatives, Integrals, Sperical Trigonometry etc.) out of this thread.

Post short-cuts, quick mental calcuation tips etc. in this tread. Let our fellow engineers benefit 😀

I'll put a few tips & tricks soon. Let the posts begin!

-The Big K-
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Anil Jain

MemberJan 9, 2006

The_Big_K
    I'll start this thread for tips & tricks related to mathematics. Let's not keep the scope of this thread limited to Quantitative section in GRE. Also let's keep Advance Mathematics (Derivatives, Integrals, Sperical Trigonometry etc.) out of this thread.

Post short-cuts, quick mental calcuation tips etc. in this tread. Let our fellow engineers benefit 😀

I'll put a few tips & tricks soon. Let the posts begin!

-The Big K-
    Mr "k" the best way to generate posts is ...curosity....
    throw any question and you will get a reply of that with the different tricks ....keep your finger crossed and throw a question...
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 9, 2006

Mr. crazyboy,

I agree with you. Actually, the backend work keeps me busy. I couldn't contribute to this section :? . But thanks for your suggestion. Why don't you take up lead and start a thread for math quesions 😉 . Someone needs to jumpstart this section too 😛

Will try to come up with good content to post here as soon as the forum upgrade thing is done. Its already giving me sleepless nights :roll:

HaPpy Posting 😁

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberJan 15, 2006

The_Big_K
    Mr. crazyboy,

I agree with you. Actually, the backend work keeps me busy. I couldn't contribute to this section :? . But thanks for your suggestion. Why don't you take up lead and start a thread for math quesions 😉 . Someone needs to jumpstart this section too 😛

Will try to come up with good content to post here as soon as the forum upgrade thing is done. Its already giving me sleepless nights :roll:

HaPpy Posting 😁

-The Big K-

will try ...
    Crazy
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 1, 2006

Let's Build a Question Bank

By the way, what do you think about building our own question bank?

Let's come up with math problems and see if we can think about short-cuts to solve them.

I'll start working on getting questions. Let me know if you have better ideas for this section. 😀

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • rick

MemberFeb 17, 2006

I'm waiting for someone to post questions. 😀

Let me see if I'm still good @ math 😎

thanks

rick
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 20, 2006

yeh rick, this section didn't get much attention. I've been working on evaluating various CMS for our website.

I guess we gotta be working on jumpstarting this forum. Anyone ? 😀

I'll make sure that we get right content here. Please feel free to post in this section.

The Big K
    Cancel
  • rick

MemberApr 16, 2006

I can put some quick-math tricks that will be useful in GRE. biggie, may i start a new thread?

I don't like my threads getting locked :evil:

RICK
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorMay 13, 2006

waiting

rick,

waiting for your quick-math-tips 😁 . Meanwhile I've started collecting some useful tips for GRE mathematics.

In addition to this, i think we can have a separate section for Engineering Mathematics too. That will cover Laplace Transforms, Derivatives and Integrals.

Say what?

-The Big K-
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register