Math Tips & Tricks

I'll start this thread for tips & tricks related to mathematics. Let's not keep the scope of this thread limited to Quantitative section in GRE. Also let's keep Advance Mathematics (Derivatives, Integrals, Sperical Trigonometry etc.) out of this thread.

Post short-cuts, quick mental calcuation tips etc. in this tread. Let our fellow engineers benefit ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll put a few tips & tricks soon. Let the posts begin!

-The Big K-

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I'll start this thread for tips & tricks related to mathematics. Let's not keep the scope of this thread limited to Quantitative section in GRE. Also let's keep Advance Mathematics (Derivatives, Integrals, Sperical Trigonometry etc.) out of this thread.

Post short-cuts, quick mental calcuation tips etc. in this tread. Let our fellow engineers benefit ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll put a few tips & tricks soon. Let the posts begin!

-The Big K-
    Mr "k" the best way to generate posts is ...curosity....
    throw any question and you will get a reply of that with the different tricks ....keep your finger crossed and throw a question...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mr. crazyboy,

I agree with you. Actually, the backend work keeps me busy. I couldn't contribute to this section :? . But thanks for your suggestion. Why don't you take up lead and start a thread for math quesions ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Someone needs to jumpstart this section too ๐Ÿ˜›

Will try to come up with good content to post here as soon as the forum upgrade thing is done. Its already giving me sleepless nights :roll:

HaPpy Posting ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Mr. crazyboy,

I agree with you. Actually, the backend work keeps me busy. I couldn't contribute to this section :? . But thanks for your suggestion. Why don't you take up lead and start a thread for math quesions ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Someone needs to jumpstart this section too ๐Ÿ˜›

Will try to come up with good content to post here as soon as the forum upgrade thing is done. Its already giving me sleepless nights :roll:

HaPpy Posting ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

will try ...
    Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's Build a Question Bank

By the way, what do you think about building our own question bank?

Let's come up with math problems and see if we can think about short-cuts to solve them.

I'll start working on getting questions. Let me know if you have better ideas for this section. ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • rick
    rick
    I'm waiting for someone to post questions. ๐Ÿ˜€

Let me see if I'm still good @ math ๐Ÿ˜Ž

thanks

rick
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yeh rick, this section didn't get much attention. I've been working on evaluating various CMS for our website.

I guess we gotta be working on jumpstarting this forum. Anyone ? ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll make sure that we get right content here. Please feel free to post in this section.

The Big K
  • rick
    rick
    I can put some quick-math tricks that will be useful in GRE. biggie, may i start a new thread?

I don't like my threads getting locked :evil:

RICK
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    waiting

rick,

waiting for your quick-math-tips ๐Ÿ˜ . Meanwhile I've started collecting some useful tips for GRE mathematics.

In addition to this, i think we can have a separate section for Engineering Mathematics too. That will cover Laplace Transforms, Derivatives and Integrals.

Say what?

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Welcome to the CE Quarrel Zone a.k.a the Debate Center! ๐Ÿ˜€ With Debate Center of CE Lounge, we provide a common place to CEans for Debate. Feel free to start...
Hi Everyone! We are growing rapidly and I'm sure we have a good GRE bunch here. Let everyone know your GRE score with a complete breakup. Get started! ๐Ÿ˜ -The...
Had your dose of GRE? Its time to share your experiences, tips & tricks. Let others benefit from your experience. Got tips about cracking Verbal, Analytical and Quantitative sections? Put...
Hi All ! 'Jobs & Opportunities' section was added to CE forums with no particular aim in mind. But since we got no content to put here ๐Ÿ˜› , do...
hi crazy enggs, i m workin on a project " kinematics analysis of hydraulic shovel and its automation for optimum efficiency and digging time" ... for this i want to...