Marco Polo iOS App Lets You Find Your Phone Just By Shouting, "MARCO!"

Developed by Matt Wiechec, a new iOS app called 'Marco Polo' is here for those of us who forget where we kept out phone and keep searching it. The app is designed to run in the background and whenever you need to locate your smartphone, it will work just the way you want it to. Marco Polo is a voice-controlled app that does not need Wi-Fi or cellular data connectivity to operate. Working offline the app overrides silent mode and whenever you shout "Marco" it will respond with a "Polo" or a sound that you can customize. It means, if you shout "Marco" or for that matter any other phrase you configure, you phone could respond with "I am here! Pick me!"

The interesting thing about Marco Polo app is that it's capable of listening across multiple rooms and even multiple levels in your home. The app features more than 30 quality POLO voice recordings for you to choose from. Other than the sound, the app also displays push notifications to light up your screen so that it becomes easy to find your phone even in the dark.

marco-polo-app-ios โ€‹

The developer has promptly listed the limitations of the app in the iTunes description saying that when the Marco Polo app is running in the background your iOS device (iPhone, iPod or iPad) will show a red bar at the top of the screen and some of the notifications and sounds (excluding phone calls, calendar alerts, and clock alarms) will get silenced.

Are you very forgetful with the phone and always end up searching for it, particularly when you are about to rush somewhere? We believe this app might come in handy for you. Do let us know your thoughts on the app's features.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Crazyyy app for lazyyy engineers who often forgot der phone...๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜....!
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Very useful app, but one must remember to switch on its listening feature. A good investment of 99 cents. I like the way how it manages to override the silent profile and emit loud noise.
    The only drawbacks I can find are
    - Privacy advocates might find its always listening capabilities a bit sketchy.
    - Does it recognise a person's voice or the phrase being spoken ? If it just recognises the phrase it means someone else might also be capable of finding the phone.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Those look like genuine concerns to me. I just thought of one more problem. As per the features listed on iTunes Store, this app may demo well in a silent room, but be completely unusable in a noisy environment or where you're a distance away, right?

The support page mentions the same issue - "A loud environment can sometimes accidentally trigger the app to POLO."

The only solution is - Changing the input phrase to something more complex.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# : Yes , Me too thinking that the making input phrase a little complex n unique may resolve the issue very quickly...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Till what distance it can decipher the voice?
    How does it recognize the voice of the owner, or does it responds to any voice?

The most important thing is it will be on all the time, and will be waiting for the voice of the owner, how much battery will it eat?

Can we try having this app's developer's on board to answer us?
  • Aditya Singhal
    Aditya Singhal
    i always wished this kind of feature in a phone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Spice Mobiles has launched its new Android smartphone, the Spice Stellar 360 on various online shopping websites such as Amazon and Saholic. The Spice Stellar 360 gives customers the best...
HP has taken the wraps off its new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS running notebook called the 'HP Slatebook', a 14 inch screened device that is powered by a Nvidia...
In order to compete with the recently launched Moto E, regional smartphone manufacturer XOLO has launched its new Android smartphone, the Q600s in the market. The Android KitKat smartphone starts...
One of my relative is doing videography now he wants to purchase some drones so it makes a Arial videography easy and cool. I was searching for the best drone...
So, it was high time that we had an official page to display who the moderators were and what they do. I collected a short bio and photographs of the...