Manipal Institute Of Technology or IP university..??

Hi everyone in CE.....i am an aspiring engineer...i have given my entrance exams and have got admission in MIT[Manipal Institute Of Technology] and have secured a rank of 8268 in IP university b.tech entrance exam...i would highly appreciate if you guys help me in taking a decision on what to choose out of the two colleges....with this rank, i will only get an average college in IP university...also are MIT's placements better than IP or are they of the same level...?? please help me out friends...thanks a lot...๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    First of All, Welcome to CE.

We've all heard the name and fame of Manipal University. They have a good record of Placements from Companies in all sectors like Product & Technology, Automobile. Manufacturing:R&D, Consultancy and even in Public Sector.
    If you have already secured an admission in MIT, go for it.

What's the point in going in an average college under IP University..

And by the way, A college doesn't matter much. It's only about YOUR overall performance.

Best of Luck! And Share with all of us on what you decide.. ๐Ÿ˜€

• shivamahajan13
    shivamahajan13
    thanks a lot my friend.....your advice was really helpful....๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ shivamahajan: I am glad that I was of help.

Do share your knowledge and help other newbies at CE with their queries.
  • shivamahajan13
    shivamahajan13
    hey guys....if any one could tell me about the life at manipal institute of technology....the hostels and everything....i would be really grateful.......

i also have one more query :-
    should i prefer IT stream at amity, bijwasan road (the one that is affiliated to IPU) or IT stream at MIT....is Manipal worth going to such a far away place...??
  • sanyyam
    sanyyam
    shivamahajan13
    hey guys....if any one could tell me about the life at manipal institute of technology....the hostels and everything....i would be really grateful.......

i also have one more query :-
    should i prefer IT stream at amity, bijwasan road (the one that is affiliated to IPU) or IT stream at MIT....is Manipal worth going to such a far away place...??
    sorry but i didn't know how to ask a question so i thought replying to this thread may help me.๐Ÿ˜’
    i am getting all streams in manipal...and my exam for ipu is still left..going to manipal is a better option or are the colleges under ipu better( i am hopeful for a good rank)..??? please help me!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I would prefer MIT. For hostel facility see their official website. #-Link-Snipped-#

All the best. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sanyyam
    sanyyam
    ishutopre
    I would prefer MIT. For hostel facility see their official website. #-Link-Snipped-#

All the best. ๐Ÿ˜€
    thanks!!! can you please also tell me one more thing?? many people say that because one has to finally do MBA for a job, so it is not very important to do Btech from a very good college. Doing Btech from a local college( i live in chandigarh) and preparing for MBA in the comfort of home and facilities provided in CHD should be preferred or going to Manipal is better( soo far away and where i can't be sure of MBA prep.)????
    thanks a lot..!!๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If you are getting best possible college for B.Tech go for it. Even graduation from a prestigious institute matter, irrespective of you will need to go far away. What if you are unable to get a good institute for MBA?

You should be prepared to go away for graduation. MBA is important no doubt, but you should not neglect a good opportunity at hand for momentary comfort. This is what I feel.

Go for best institute. ๐Ÿ‘
  • sanyyam
    sanyyam
    thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion!!!
    in manipal, i have all the streams available. so should i choose between CSE or ECE?? people say go according to interest, but at this level, i have absolutely no idea what all is taught in respective streams. some say that mech branch is best in manipal, others say ECE has better scope. i am really confused. can you please tell me the brief of CSE and ECE and MECH....i.e what are these streams about??
    thanks a lot..!!!! and sorry for asking so many ques!!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Not a problem Sannyam. First check your score and chalk out various options available to you by taking cut-offs for various branches. Then check which branch interests you. This is what I will do if I am in your place.

"Do what your heart feels" remember this line ๐Ÿ˜€. It will work wonders for you. ๐Ÿ˜€ Do the work you love to do, just do not do it because some one is doing it and you want to copy him/her. Also consult your professors.

Best of luck. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    One more thing check out the syllabus of Manipal University for various streams available online. Go through the course and then decide.
  • sanyyam
    sanyyam
    hiii....i have already taken addmission in manipal instt of tech(MIT) in E&C( whose fees can be refunded till 5th july,2011).....and i have got a rank of 123 in university of petroleum, dehradun......can anybody tell me what should i prefer...top stream in manipal.i.e E&C or top stream in upes..i.e petroleum...i live in chandigarh...plese help..anyone..!!!!!
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    hey buddy i will suggest u upes ...........
  • sanyyam
    sanyyam
    thanks....but would you mind telling me why upes...??? i mean is MIT(E&C) not good enough...and comparable to UPES?? doesn't petroleum line limit us too much??
  • vaib840
    vaib840
    as im living in ddun ........i knw abt upes prestigious reputation........nd i dnt knw anythng abt MIT it may be gud ......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Meaning: marked with spots of colour, or shade Usage: The floor was dappled with pale moonlight. Syn: flecked, speckled,variegated
Meaning: a collection of a great variety Usage: He has an eclectic collection of stamps and coins from all over the world. Syn: assorted, broad, diverse, heterogeneous
Found this Video interesting. Sharing it with all the already Electrical Engineers... and the wanna-be an Electrical Engineers. It shows the electrical engineering is not just about lighting bulbs... [video=youtube;yABTMH1b7YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABTMH1b7YU[/video]...
University of SAN DIEGO Chapter of the institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) presents a Video on why you should consider being an Industrial Engineer. Have a look.. I bet it...
Mechanical Engineers: They MECH the world! Mechanical engineers LIVE in the REAL world.. They make devices like engines, generators, turbines, refrigerators, elevators, robots for manufacturing, tools, and almost everything that...