Making CEoM App Better - Feedback / Suggestions / Ideas

CEans - we've been running the CEoM (web) App for over a month now. The app, performs just we expected it to perform. However, it can certainly be made better. If you have feedback, suggestions or any ideas you'd like to see included in the CEoM App, please share them here.

I'm thinking we should have a widget displayed in the sidebar to all the logged in users that shows top 5 leaders, your rank etc.

What else should get added to the app?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm thinking we should have a widget displayed in the sidebar to all the logged in users that shows top 5 leaders, your rank etc.
    +1 for this widget and if it updates CEan Name in real time it will be great.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great idea.
    However I was just wondering will that Auto refresh ๐Ÿ˜

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The technicals will be worked out later. I think we better update it on every new pageload.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Names of the CEan's in Hall of Fame should be arranged in sequence of CEan winning that prestigious award.

Currently it is showing in the alphabetical order, and Personally I didn't like the alphabetical sequence for the same.

Does that make sense?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The current arrangement is such that the names are shown and the titles they've won are displayed against the names. The hall of fame puts more focus on the people winning the contest than the contest itself.

I think we'll add some kind of a switch to make it easier for people to view the Hall Of Fame. Plus, we've plans to display the Hall Of Fame, Applications and Live Score in separate 'tabs'.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Plus, we've plans to display the Hall Of Fame, Applications and Live Score in separate 'tabs'.
    This is the need of the hour.

We are already 150+ particpants this time, Later or sooner we will have 1000+
    We can not keep increasing the page length, so we need to think in the direction to limit that as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How about making the participation 'paid'? ๐Ÿ˜จ . Say $1 to participate and the prize money goes up to $200 or even more (provided someone sponsors it).
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How about making the participation 'paid'? ๐Ÿ˜จ . Say $1 to participate and the prize money goes up to $200 or even more (provided someone sponsors it).
    participation 'paid' with $1 to participate?
    Suggested Prize money to $200, Current is $100
    Total Participants more than 150 +

and *still* looking for Sponsors... I don't understand this mathematics ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
    Just Kidding !

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's part of it did you not understand? The sponsors will help the prize money go up beyond $200. But the participants will have to 'pay' to participate. Out of 160+ participants, only 20 will actually 'battle'.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's part of it did you not understand? The sponsors will help the prize money go up beyond $200. But the participants will have to 'pay' to participate. Out of 160+ participants, only 20 will actually 'battle'.
    oops !
    I misunderstood the *even more* part of it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    On a serious note, at this moment doesn't look like a good idea to me, let it prove it worth for atleast six months to an year and then only should think for that?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Another idea could be, though only winner will be accolade with the CEoM title, we can have freebies (T-Shirts, keyrings, small cash-prize) / prizes for top five.

This will make sure that participants will not leave race when someone on the top will be beyond the reach (as happened in July 2013).

-CB
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    crazyboy
    Another idea could be, though only winner will be accolade with the CEoM title, we can have freebies (T-Shirts, keyrings, small cash-prize) / prizes for top five.

This will make sure that participants will not leave race when someone on the top will be beyond the reach (as happened in July 2013).

-CB
    I second this suggestion. A consolation prize for the runners up would be a great idea..
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Award +1000 points for the detailed project.
    Like each & every step of how to build,configure,etc. with images & if possible then video.
    Something like Instructables.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    So, what updates are we going to see in the app contest in near future?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft can't just afford to ignore the growing dominance of the Android platform all over the world. With over a billion Android devices active in the world, Microsoft must conquer...
Terrafugia is one of the interesting automobile projects - that aims to turn a car into a flying machine with some crazy engineering. We'd call it a 'foldable' plane. Until...
With Start Searching India initiative, Google Inc. has taken a concrete step to light bulbs in the heads of thousands of ignorant internet users. Though that may sound a bit...
Muzik, a Miami startup that makes headphones has launched the world's first and only 'socially connected, smart headphones'. The headphones not only let you listen to some high quality sound;...
1.The classes contained in the packages of other programs can be easily reused. Is there any other benefits of packages in JAVA. I also, came across "Packages also provide a...