Major project idea??

hi am new to CE. i am currently a student at the university of technology Jamaica. I was recently presented with the task of coming up with an electrical major project for my final year at the university. i am open to any suggestions or ideas that anyone has to offer.

i look forward to reading your replies

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Hi Kruffardo,
    First of all welcome to CE. It is good that CE is spreading its wings into Jamaica too. It can be a good location for a CE-Meet.
    Regarding you question. Well each field is quite vast and you can make infinite projects. So first of all you decide what interests you, what do you want to do? Keep on eliminating the negatives till you arrive at a result. Now do some initial research, try to understand the concepts yourself. If you can not understand after trying then ask for help. But at least give it a shot and try it yourself first.
  • kruffardo
    kruffardo
    thank your for the welcome. i am interested in recycling lubrication oil for the use in electrical power plants. i am currently gathering information on it. i will take your up on your suggestion and try and eliminate the negatives first.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kruffardo
    thank your for the welcome. i am interested in recycling lubrication oil for the use in electrical power plants. i am currently gathering information on it. i will take your up on your suggestion and try and eliminate the negatives first.
    Good start, keep us posted!
  • Differential
    Differential
    kruffardo

Good spirit !
  • azafar00
    azafar00
    hi
    i need some unique idea for the final year project in controol area like with plc or using scada for my electronic enginnering
    can u gays give some good idea as soon as posibal
    tnx my email id is
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    azafar00
    hi
    i need some unique idea for the final year project in controol area like with plc or using scada for my electronic enginnering
    can u gays give some good idea as soon as posibal
    tnx my email id is
    Please visit the forums for ideas. Did you search the forums for existing ideas?
  • kruffardo
    kruffardo
    update: i started researching the recycling of lubrication oil but i ran into difficulties.. a llecturer advised me that this was not the best option. therefore i was researching the use of PLC systems. so far the ideas i have are using it to monitor water levels at major bridges. at a certain level the system should give a warning light and close the bridge after the last car has crossed the bridge. i am stil open to suggestions or other ways i could use PLc systems

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i'm doing my final year project on Effect of music on EEG.I'v to check for any deviation in EEG before and while listening to music. Can I use neural...
i thinking of something to design as digital diary. though i have done a lot of project over microcontroller but in this i would have to integrate mmc with microcontroller...
i thinking of something to design as digital diary. though i have done a lot of project over microcontroller but in this i would have to integrate mmc with microcontroller...
hai i am from india and presently in mumbai university in electronic branch 3rd sem.looking for a project which is easy and has application of both analog and digital electronics.suggestions...
Team Asymptote '09 writes... MIT TECH FORUM ASYMPTOTE ‘09 MADRAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI CHENNAI – 600044 ASYMPTOTE’ 09 Tech Tends to Infinity… ​ From January 9 to...