Mahindra Navistar Trucks - What's New?

I saw the Mahindra Navistar Trucks advertisement. The ad says that the new Trucks are changing the Indian Truck schene. The looks of the Navistar are better than the TATA trucks for sure; but do they also have innovations on the engine side? The official website talks about MAXFORCE engines and I've absolutely no clue what's special about them. However, I'm curious to know a bit more about these engines. By the way, engine specifications are as follows -

Key Specifications
Specifications:6.12 TCA
Emission Compliance:BS IIICompliant *
Configuration:6 Cylinder, In line
Valves/Cylinder:4
Displacement (cc):7118
Bore (mm):105
Stroke (mm):137
Combustion System: Direct Injection
Injection System:VE Mechanical
Aspiration:Turbo Intercooler
Max Power Output Kw (hp) @ rpm:157 (210) @2200
Peak Torque N-m @rpm:880@1400
Compression Ratio:16.1:1

The bottom line - are Navistar trucks better than other trucks in Indian markets? What's your take?

Official website: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    the first improvisation which they have made on the engine side is that the engine is a 6-cylinder engine. Tata ace runs only on a single-cylinder engine

navistar sounds to be better though, because now even ashok leyland has come up with a similar looking truck
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Ya Zaveri is right Mahindra had upgraded their engine and bought some powerful engine having 6-cylinder in it. These trucks are some kind of monster truck!!
  • Naomi Park
    Naomi Park
    Talking about Mahindra, an Indian business has declared several years ago that it was going to deliver its small, diesel pickup to the U.S. However, it now appears that it is not going to occur. Article resource: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    The_Big_K I think Mahindra had been very good in surprising the auto world as Mahindra had given new look to truck with a powerful engine similarly in the way as he had given the sizzling SUV which almost shake the entire auto world by its look demand and awards which is #-Link-Snipped-#, which was declared as the car of the year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have a project to design a calculator with the hyperterminal by writing a source code and compile it with the CodeWarrior. i am using the motorolla S12E128. i have...
Any ideas on Load bearing capacity in interference fit with shearing loads.
Hello! For a designer, a good software is important to design. According to you, what's your desired software?
What is the concept of solar paint? and what is the cost per square meter in India? Is it available commercialy ?
Would the alarming mortality at the AMRI hospital have been less if there was some way to mitigate the suffocation? In a centrally airconditioned building, ventillation is a regulated activity...