Maglev trains

Hi guys!
I'm really confused with the maglev trains, i've understood how they got lifted up but i couldn't get how they move forward. will they follow motor principe?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Actually, yes. They will follow the motor principle. The tracks act as the field coils and the coils below the train, which give them the lift, also get pulled by the varying field.
  • sai krishna
    sai krishna
    Thanx, but how are the wheels would like to be(i mean will the wheels are like regularly circular or straight magntetic conductors type)
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    There are no wheels in a maglev. They are just armature windings. Just like the conventional motors. In motors, they are arranged in a circular fashion, but in this case, they are just laid straight.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Helsinki, Finland and Berne, Switzerland – 23 February 2011 – Two strong market players in RFID services, Vilant Systems Oy, one of the leading RFID suppliers in Europe with 150...
Laser Manufacturer to Promote Benefits of Lasers for Medical Device Processing Industrial laser manufacturer, JK Lasers (part of the GSI Group), will be participating in this year’s Medtec UK exhibition,...
Hi I am looking to model a gas turbine (using the Brayton cycle) that will be able to power an x amount of daily electricity load using Matlab. Using the...
I am sure many of the throws of engineers have entertained this question from many of a poster.....but here is another. I want to get a degree in Software Engineering...
This quiz is about some of the shortcut keys that were built into the Windows operating systems. 1. You put your mouse on the taskbar and notice that the "show...