Team Asymptote '09 writes...

MIT TECH FORUM
ASYMPTOTE ‘09
MADRAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
CHENNAI – 600044

ASYMPTOTE’ 09

Tech Tends to Infinity…

From January 9 to 11, the walls of Madras Institute of Technology reverberated with the joy and vibrations of around 2500 participants from across the nation, who had gathered to witness the first edition of Asymptote. A small thought which originated in the minds of the 58th batch of MITians took the huge form of Asymptote’ 09 pulling the greatest technical and management minds across the nation.

A grand inauguration felicitating the Distinguished First Batch MITians by the Vice chancellor and Registrar of Anna University, Chennai on January 9th marked the perfect beginning of the Inter-college technical fiesta. Mega events including Robotics, Air Show, Disassemble, Sales-Pro, Pentathlon, Open Quiz and many more fun-filled and enthralling events stole the hearts of every participant and audience alike.

Eminent scientists from IGCAR, ISRO and speakers from Corporate illuminated the young technologists on the advancement in every technical faculty. Management lectures witnessed the greatest participation from the youth which is a sign that India is going to have many entrepreneurs in the near future.

Robotics - three days of total fun-filled learning.... the greatest crowd puller.... human controlled robots performing stunts, racing each other, placing a ball in a hole and many more exciting stuffs.....

Air Show - Professionals flying radio-controlled aircraft models.

[​IMG]

Contraptions - Many fans of Tom & Jerry totally involved in setting up similar traps involving numerous energy conversions.

[​IMG]

Open Quiz - Quiz master Mr. Avinash Mudaliar hosted it to make it all the more exciting.

[​IMG]

Disassemble - An unexpected 100 teams battled the prelims to be the successful four to the finals....

Sales-Pro - Real Time salesmanship.... Teams Selling T-shirts to the crowd.... Profit is not the only metric to judge a business man.

Bottle rocketry - Attaching wings to bottles and with water and air as the fuel making them fly into the sky.... 50 teams battled their way to emerge in the 15 finalists.

Thus the three day extravaganza which started of with the felicitation of MIT’s distinguished alumnus ended with the Open Quiz, attracting 76 colleges and over 2500 participants, all with the fullness of participating in a Technical Fest of a different dimension.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    More photos -

Clay Modeling

[​IMG]

RC Car Race -

[​IMG]

• kurtdaniel
    kurtdaniel
    nice activity..hope more & more institutions would sponsors activities like this..Im sure #-Link-Snipped-# company would be one of the major sponsors if this event happens in our place..😁
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Good piece of information!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1Driving Optical Network Evolution 2 Quadrics Interconnection Network 3 Quantum Information Technology 4 PON Topologies (passive optical network) 5 Inverse Multiplexing 6 Unicode And Multilingual Computing 7 Resilient Packet Ring...
Hi All, All those CEans who are from Bangalore and have interest in software/IT field,Please do reply here along with your brief introduction(including technologies you have worked on or your...
How to get hosting & what are the requirements i need?
i know what are foreground processes and back ground processes and daemons specifically being back ground processes. So what distinguishes a normal back ground process to a daemon process?
Hai to every one.I just registered today,I want to make a paper presentation in some latest application oriented thinks..so friends plz suggest me a topic..