Lock Puzzle. Hope this is not posted before in this section!

There is your friend in a faraway place. And we are in a time where the only means of communication is through post. There is no phone, courier, travelling to that place etc.,
Now, there is 1 precious item that you have to send it to your friend through post. All that you have got is a Multi-lock box (box on which u can apply more than 1 lock). You have to send that precious item, only through this box. There are many robbers in between, who can steal the item if you do not lock the box or send the key along. How will you make sure that your friend receives that precious item?????????

Replies

• Shah Vish
    Shah Vish
    Hey
    wats d ans ???
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    quite simple :

first apply your own lock on the box and mail it to your friend. (without the key)

your friend receives the box and applies his own lock, and sends it back to you.

as soon as you receive it, you remove your own lock, and you send it back to him.

as soon as he receives it , he removes his lock and thus retrieves the precious item.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    zaveri
    quite simple :

first apply your own lock on the box and mail it to your friend. (without the key)

your friend receives the box and applies his own lock, and sends it back to you.

as soon as you receive it, you remove your own lock, and you send it back to him.

as soon as he receives it , he removes his lock and thus retrieves the precious item.
    Exactly!!!😀
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    zaveri
    quite simple :
    Ya, the solution looks simple, but many find it difficult to answer.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    but a challenging question though. post some more.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    zaveri
    but a challenging question though. post some more.
    Sure! When ever i come across anything that is not posted here, surely I will post them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

has any one heard of a vehicle running in benzene?
I stumbled upon this article on Pluggd.In : https://www.pluggd.in/why-indians-do-not-buy-online-297/ . The article tries to find out the reason why Indians do not prefer purchasing online. The article starts with stats...
My Name is Bharat District: Tando Mohammad Khan Sindh Pakistan I am Studying Engennering Physics in Sindh University Pakistan I am intersted in tracing mobile no becuase today'd Generation is...
Name:My name is Ekta. I am a 2nd Year IT engineering student. I love reading books of genres like classics, crime-fiction etc. Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens and Louisa May Alcott...
Hi. I am a final year IT Student. I want some help to finalize my final year project idea. I have this cool but seemingly impossible idea, an android application...