Little Known Technology Facts

Let's make a collection of "technology facts" that are less known and are good for general knowledge.
You can add anything related to technology companies, websites, hardware/software, web etc.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1 Bit = Binary Digit
    8 Bits = 1 Byte
    1000 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
    1000 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
    1000 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
    1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
    1000 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
    1000 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte
    1000 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
    1000 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte
    1000 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte
    1000 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ you may want to be more clear...

1 kiloByte is either 1000 bytes or 1024 (2^10) bytes, depending on the specification followed.

Kilobyte

Similarly, 1 MB is 1024 kB or 1000 kB, and so on. Depends on whether you use SI unit or IEC spec.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    silverscorpion
    Similarly, 1 MB is 1024 kB or 1000 kB, and so on. Depends on whether you use SI unit or IEC spec.
    Yes. I am aware of the fact.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The technology contained in a single game boy unit in 2000 exceeds all the computing power that was used to put the first man on moon in 1969
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook will be opening an office in New York by 2012. It's planning to recruit hundreds of engineers to plan out other innovative ideas for the social networking site. You'll...
hi friends, i heard a news that fruits like orange, strawberries and vegetables are used as fuels for future generations as our resources are going to be scared ,the use...
Auto Update of posts in threads without reloading or refreshing it. Would be great from the user point of view Something like Gmail which uses Ajax
I have always been sitting cross-legged, I can sit for long hours because this is always been my habit. I am always comfortable in this position. I also appreciate the...
Gowalla - a location based service provider has been taken over by social networking giant Facebook. The details of the takeover are unknown yet. CNN money quotes that FB has...