LinkedIn Buys Slideshare for $119 Million

World's most popular slide sharing service, Slideshare has been acquired by the world's biggest professional networking service - Linkedin for a cool sum of $119 million. LinkedIn's Deep Nishar confirmed the news in a #-Link-Snipped-#. Slideshare has raised around $3 million to date and had a revenue model mostly based on online advertising. Slideshare makes a perfect addition to LinkedIn as it will now be able to integrate professional presentations sharing and all its existing content to millions of LinkedIn users.

Interesting, yeah?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    $119 million is HUGE!
    I never knew SlideShare had so much professional content. May be didn't use it for the proper things. ๐Ÿ˜ But I think this is quite amusing, how will LinkedIn use this platform for its existing users?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    This presentation makes it clear how Linkedln + SlideShare will prove beneficial to professionals across the World. Have a look:
    LinkedIn and Slideshare
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way, Slideshare is a startup by Indians. Here's our Small Talk with Slideshare's CTO: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo hired ex-Paypal president Scott Thompson to save its sinking ship. Scott Thompson had earlier claimed that he has a degree in accounting and computer science. However, Yahoo's investor, Daniel...
Name-Vandana Maurya Trade-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Location-thane mumbai occupation-student Hobbies-chatting,reading.
Microsoft declared that Windows 8 will build support for Dolby Digital Plus stereo technology. The codec (also known as Enhanced AC-3) will enable 5.1-channel surround sound in desktop and Metro-style...
When I see the signatures of CEans, I see links to their personal blogs. This discussion is dedicated to finding out the real reasons behind blogging? Is it just about...
I want to present a series of brain teaser problems collected from various sources, for the benefit of GMAT takers looking for some tougher-level questions. Here it goes the first...