line follower dc motors problem

Hi, I have made a line follower bot circuit consisting of AT89S52 MCU, 2 IR sensors with lm324 op-amp and l293d motor driver IC. My motor specifications are 24V,200rpm.
When I run the complete circuit, it works fine but after some time the motors stop running and I have to press the reset button(connected with reset circuit of mcu) to again restart the motors, but the running time of motors gets shortened after every reset.
I just cant understand the reason behind this.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜” Is back emf the cause for this?๐Ÿ˜’
Please anyone help me out....

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    How much voltage are you giving the motors? And how much to the sensors?

You might want to check if the sensors are working properly after the motors stopped running.
    Also, for a 24V motor, if you give say, 12 V, it'll be drained very soon. Motors are very power hungry!!

Look into the battery current and voltage ratings...
  • pratik20990
    pratik20990
    silverscorpion
    How much voltage are you giving the motors? And how much to the sensors?

You might want to check if the sensors are working properly after the motors stopped running.
    Also, for a 24V motor, if you give say, 12 V, it'll be drained very soon. Motors are very power hungry!!

Look into the battery current and voltage ratings...
    Yes sensors are working fine after the motors have been stopped.
    I am giving 12V to motors and sensors and rest of the circuit is working on 5V.
    What can be the reason for this kind of behaviour of DC Motors?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

good morning every one, i need some modern and latest project thoughts+web links +procedure based on telecommunication,wireless,laser,electronics. i am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineer.so i need a topic+whole...
I am speaking about the reservations which our great mother (land) is providing for so called backward class.... My first question is still how many years will this go on?...
there has been no thread giving out seminar topics or project ideas for civil engineering students in CE. so here i start a new thread for my fellow engineers who...
hello all. I am Surya , doing my B.tech in ECE group( 1st year ).
Please give me topics for network programming projects.....