Lifts in high rise buildings

HI,

I have read through few articles and about burj Dubai as well, the thing I have understood is there will multi level lifts available in those buildings for going to the top of the tower.

The reasons behind them is the pressure at which the lift operates and the pressure the passenger can bear.

So what it takes to build a lift, I think the lifts (conventional) operates on a motor alone which makes the pressure a problem.

So what kinds of problems will the person face if carried in only one lift?

what it takes to build a lift to solve all the problems ?

Replies

• Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    I don't know about multilevel lifts can u explain?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great topic, sandy!

High-rise buildings exist by the grace of elevators, and not vice versa. In a functional context, a tower’s elevator core is the building’s main artery, and in a constructional context, its spine.
    Building the access must be playing a crucial role in the development and feasibility of high-rise construction plans!

This PDF can offer some help -
    PDF

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I AM RAJ I HAV SELECTED FOR DCS TECHNOLOGY BANGALORE FOR MCA INTERNSHIP....PLEASE CAN ANY ONE SAY ME WHETHER SHOULD I JOIN THIS COMPANY OR ITS A FAKE COMPANY....PLEASE SAY...
Nippon Moon would soon become the world's biggest Ferris Wheel and is currently under development. The Giant Observation Wheel (GOW) as it's called, has been designed by UNStudio. The designers...
A team of researchers at Duke University’s Pratt School of Engineering have developed an inexpensive device made out of fibreglass and copper energy conductors capable of harvesting electricity from microwave...
Zync Mobiles has come up with a new smartphone in India with Zync Cloud Z401 whose tech specs are just about OK for the price of Rs. 4,499 that it...
Lenovo has come with a new smartphone-cum-tablet gadget called the Lenovo Vibe Z in China today and the device's is already generating some good vibes across the tech valley. Lenovo...