Lifehacker founder uses a standind desk

I was reading interview of founder of Lifehacker and found very interesting thing..
A standing desk she uses
[​IMG]

She got up this idea from her mother who is a public school teacher and off-course almost 99% of teacher stand all day.
Benefits: burn more calories and having a good posture while working.
Here is #-Link-Snipped-# and about #-Link-Snipped-# .

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a nice idea indeed. I'd consider it if I could. A lot of IT professionals suffer through back pain and doing work while standing looks like a good thing to do - because I think it will keep you focused on your work.

I'd also think that all the 'meetings' in conference rooms should be done standing. People doze off quickly in regular meetings where everyone sits and sips coffee.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wow. I think I should do this too. But I am wondering whether typing while standing, with no arm-rest would be painful or not.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    That interview was in 2011 and she completed 19 months at that time.
    I think better approach to make a flexible desk to adjust height😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A earthquake of magnitude 6.3 shake Iran killing over 100 and hundreds injured and in-numerable property damage. Earthquake hit the towns of Ahar, Haris and Varzaqan in East Azerbaijan province...
What is meant by unit commitment? how it can be explained by genetic alogrithm?
Guys, I dedicate this thread to all the ethical hackers in CE to teach their skills to the avid learners.. ! Please share some methods and stuffs..! below..! Don't provide...
Hi friends, I'm a computer Science Engineering student, who is keen to explore interesting informations and develop interaction with some engineers . There are some queries in my mind ,which...
I am building a house using 8" CMU exterior walls. Planning on 8' high with #5 rebar every 24" o/c vertically and 2#4 rebar every 4'o/c horizontally. What is the...