LG L90, L70 And L40 Smartphones Launched; Key Specs At Glance

A week ahead of the Mobile World Congress 2014, Korean device vendor LG has announced the new L-series L90, L70 and L40 smartphones, which stretch from mid range to the low end of the current hardware spectrum.The handsets attempt to follow LG's premium G line up's, lead with top-notch design and solid mid range specs for emerging markets. The trio attempt to offer seamless layout, delicate finishing and refined metallic frame. This entire line up is equipped with Google's latest OS in order to provide the most up-to-date and optimized Android experience to the audience. In addition to the refined User Interface, Kitkat offers improved performance and a more intuitive user experience. All the three phones are GSM only, with android 4.4 KitKat for emerging 3G markets.

LG_Announces_LIII _Series_L90_L70_L40_01

There will be "Quick Window Smart Covers" available for these smart phones . It comes in three vibrant colors. This will be the first cover from LG to be designed specifically for a mid-range smartphone. According to LG, the this cover offers functional benefits beyond just protection from drops and bumps. It has a see-through window, which allows one to see who's calling and check the time without opening the cover.

It seems that LG has launched the trio mid-value, L-series handsets assuming that there will be too many devices at the MWC, which might end up over shadowing their product.This new launch of the trio is aimed at capturing more share, especially when Lenovo will be competing the acquisition of Motorola. According to the survey carried out in fourth quarter of 2013, LG has 4.5% smartphone market share against Lenovo's 4.6%, which clearly indicates a cut-throat competition between the two rivals.

LG Mobile Communication Design Lab has put out a short video featuring Vice President Chul Bae Lee sharing the story of the L-series III design, check it out below.

Take a look at the key specifications of the individual smartphones:

LG L40 Specs:

Processor:
1.2 Ghz Dual-Core
Display: 3.5-inch (480 x 320)
Memory: 4GB / 512 MB RAM
Camera: 3.0 MP
Battery: 1700 mAh or 1,540 mAh (removable) - depends on market
Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
Size: 109.4 x 59.0 x 11.9 mm
Network: 3G (HSPA + 14.4 Mbps)
LG L70 Specs:

Processor:
1.2 Ghz Dual-Core
Display: 4.5 IPS (800 x 400)
Memory: 4GB / 1 GB RAM
Camera: 8.0 MP or 5.0 MP/ VGA - depends on market
Battery: 2100 mAh (removable)
Size: 127.2 x 66.8x 9.5 mm
Network: 3G (HSPA + 21 Mbps)
LG L90 Specs:

Processor:
1.2 Ghz Dual-Core
Display: 4.7-inch IPS (960 x 540) qHD
Memory: 8 GB/ 1GB RAM
Camera: 8.0 MP/ 1.3 MP
Battery: 2,540 mAh (removable)
Size: 131.6 x 66.0 x 9.7 mm
Network: 3G (HSPA + 21 Mbps)

L-series is probably aimed at prepaid markets and hence we cannot expect big carriers to leap forward at the new models right away. However, they might be available a few months later on smaller carriers like US cellular. This seems to be an ideal choice for those who do not desire the size and power offered by LG's G line of devices but still want a beautiful phone which runs on Android 4.4 KitKat.

The prices and availability is yet not revealed, which will be hopefully announced at MWC. This L-series L40, L-70, L90 will be showcased at LG's Booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via at MWC. What do you think L-series smartphones will be a strong volume driver and attract audience with its exemplifying features of an ideal smartphone? Are these devices capable enough of satisfying users needs? And at what price they should be made available to compete with Moto G? Share your views with us in the comment section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
Image credit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey i want syllabus of sail for ece branch. I searched everywhere on the net but i didn't find it so please can u tell me the link or u...
Do you keep forgetting or misplacing things? Well, check out Bringrr, a mobile charger for your car which will remind you if you've not carried things like your phone, wallet,...
Philips has started testing an intelligent lighting system that will help users find their way across shopping centres using their smartphones. The pilot project is currently operational at a Euroshop...
Recently, we saw the big-bang event called the IPL auctions. I couldn't resist making this very sad joke 😁 So I apologize in advance.
One of the unique features of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the S Pen functionality. Well, Samsung is now bettering it by adding a built-in microphone and speaker. Two...