Learn XML

Can anybody say me how to start to learn xml. i knew about its feature when comapring with html.but i dont know the plat form to create xml docs.is any software is needed? clarify please.

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Hey Priyadarshini!

XML is a language to store documents (like the text you see in a web page).

To create XML documents you just need an editor. You create XML documents the same way you create HTML documents, just that you happen to save the file with a .xml extension.

Like HTML pages are rendered by a web browser, to browse through an XML file, you need an XML parser (Which is most of the times custom built).

Study the XML language at XML Tutorial

• SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Yeah..W3Schools is best..
  • Priyadharshini s
    Priyadharshini s
    ok thanks a lot .. now i have one question .. if i want to upload or update post in my site what is the best way ? the content which i newly upload should appear first when we enter into the site.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Priyadharshini s
    the content which i newly upload should appear first when we enter into the site.
    I didn't get you

What do you mean by this?
  • Priyadharshini s
    Priyadharshini s
    goyal420
    I didn't get you

What do you mean by this?

once i hosted my pages ..how to update my site's content?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    That's not a tough task

All you need is to edit your web pages and upload them via ftp or something similar
    what is the problem?
  • Priyadharshini s
    Priyadharshini s
    that's difficult .correct?everytime editing then uploading... ๐Ÿ˜” . ok how to add signature in this site? while replying fr thread it should display below.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Priyadharshini s
    ok thanks a lot .. now i have one question .. if i want to upload or update post in my site what is the best way ? the content which i newly upload should appear first when we enter into the site.
    It depends.Is it a new html page? or you are making some addition to existing HTML page and you want to scroll down directly to the new added portion first?
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Priyadharshini s
    once i hosted my pages ..how to update my site's content?
    Edit the source code on your computer.Save the page on your computer first.And then replace the web page on the server by the page on your computer by uploading it.
  • Priyadharshini s
    Priyadharshini s
    ok yaar thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Priyadharshini s
    ok yaar thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
    Don't use languages other than English unless absolutely required. And Do *not* post advertisement links to your blogs. You may however add a link to your blog in your signature.
  • Priyadharshini s
    Priyadharshini s
    ok . how to add signature?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have sound knowledge of english but unable to express give some ideas
Explain some basic s????๐Ÿ˜”
Here is a slew of Strange vehicles to which I got a link courtesy chrisg288 of CR4 forum: Strange and Unusual Vehicles
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] As suggested by Rupam D here is a very very simple puzzle. X is a 5 letter word.If You remove 1st letter it will become a...
1. Efficiency of Carnot power plant cycle depends on temperature range of the cycle and not on the particular fluid used. Explain. 2. State the reasons, as to why a...