Leapmotion! Goodbye Touchscreens.

Touchscreens had become quite popular among the users due to its interactive capabilities. Touchscreens have over taken almost every gadget trying to kick out mouse pointers. As it got more popular, there came a new technology.

#-Link-Snipped-# is a device which lets you take control of your screen without touching it. The gestures and the way one uses the screen looks pretty close to Tony Stark handling Jarvis.

Edit: The device is up for pre-orders now and shipping would start on 13th May. The package includes a controller, 2 USB cables and free app store. It costs only $79.99 and additional charges for shipping sums it up to $88.98. Place your pre-orders #-Link-Snipped-#.

Check out the cool promotion video below:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEan #-Link-Snipped-# has worked a lot on the technology. Rupam - do you see the technology making it to our drawing halls or workstations soon?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I am doing some fascinating things with LeapMotion. I am not really a lover of Tablets and unproductive devices. Apple ensured that Desktop and Laptops are buried by major players. MS followed the path. Companies like Intel and LeapMotion is trying to redefine entertainment with these devices.

You communicate on 3-d coordinates. So possibilities are infinite and you will see it making a difference in coming days. But revolution would occur when Google decides, they have seen it all and jump into bandwagon. It took hardly a year for Google to turn iPad mini to a toy with Nexus!

It is not prediction. Wait for Google to support this and you will see how things change.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    It looks like a fascinating toy - very useful for controlling TV without a remote. But for any serious computing, I'd prefer a mouse and a keyboard.
  • Clarence Gomez
    Clarence Gomez
    hi??? can u help me ??
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Anand Tamariya
    It looks like a fascinating toy - very useful for controlling TV without a remote. But for any serious computing, I'd prefer a mouse and a keyboard.
    I agree too. Using hand gestures for a long time would be tiresome. And when it comes to precision, it isn't a good option.

Clarence Gomez
    hi??? can u help me ??
    Help about what?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    babumoshaaye
    I agree too. Using hand gestures for a long time would be tiresome. And when it comes to precision, it isn't a good option.
    I bet you have not used the device. You still do not know it's ergonomic quotient. You can actually rest your hand on table and just use your fingers the way you use mouse.

Wait for a month, we are unleashing about 20 Apps. I bet you are going to throw your tabs and puppet smart phone once you start gaming and going social with our apps.😁
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Rupam Das
    I bet you have not used the device. You still do not know it's ergonomic quotient. You can actually rest your hand on table and just use your fingers the way you use mouse.

Wait for a month, we are unleashing about 20 Apps. I bet you are going to throw your tabs and puppet smart phone once you start gaming and going social with our apps.😁
    Of course! I can't be sure without using the device. And the device ain't that expensive too. Its worth a wait.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I want to know what is the difference between ® and ™ registration ? Can anyone guide me to a detailed document by authority which state the difference between...
I am a software engineer and want to prepare for Gate-2014 , Can you please suggest some good coaching classes in Pune which i can join, The coaching classes which...
An electricity board charges the following rates to domestic users to discourage large consumption of energy : For the first 100 units - 60P per unit For next 200 units...
I m a 2nd year (4th semester) Electrical Engineering student. I would like to get into the automobile industry. What should I be doing this summer? Please suggest me some...
Please any one help me........... #include #include #include #include #include #include #include class network { /* request auto detection */ int gdriver, gmode; int left, top,...