layoffs and sackings

well the alarm bells haven't started ringing for all those newbies and aspiring entrants in the it sector. Weakening dollar and strengthening rupee are spelling trouble for lots of techies who have already lost their jobs and many more who are to lose their jobs in the coming months. Does this signal the end of india as a major software hub?? does this mean we will no longer enjoy the same monopoly we have enjoyed in the software sector? does this mean it would be getting real tough for freshers from other trades to breakthro' into it? and will that in turn mean that we will have a steadily increasing number of jobless techies?

Replies

• vivekji
    vivekji
    Well my dear friend this proves one simple fact
    "Change is the rule of nature"

Until now, software industries in India were going through heaven now they got to go through hell.๐Ÿ˜‰

mahul
    well the alarm bells haven't started ringing for all those newbies and aspiring entrants in the it sector. Weakening dollar and strengthening rupee are spelling trouble for lots of techies who have already lost their jobs and many more who are to lose their jobs in the coming months. Does this signal the end of india as a major software hub?? does this mean we will no longer enjoy the same monopoly we have enjoyed in the software sector? does this mean it would be getting real tough for freshers from other trades to breakthro' into it? and will that in turn mean that we will have a steadily increasing number of jobless techies?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    hahaa.. no, we have already been through hell ... remember the year 2002 and the dotcom bust. Have any of you read the paper recently? Infosys has announced a projected growth rate of 21%.
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    Well, then you are gonna go through hell again๐Ÿ˜”.

kidakaka
    hahaa.. no, we have already been through hell ... remember the year 2002 and the dotcom bust. Have any of you read the paper recently? Infosys has announced a projected growth rate of 21%.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    kidakaka
    Infosys mentioned in the local paper in Malaysia too!

Anyway, if indeed the software industry will go through "hell", it won't be as bad as before. Its just following the business cycle.. the trend will always be positive if the country as a whole is progressing. Just imagine a sinusoidal wave following a positive slope ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    vivekji
    Well, then you are gonna go through hell again๐Ÿ˜”.
    Why, what makes you think that we are going to see the dot com bust of 2002 again ...
  • vivekji
    vivekji
    The law of proability Mr.Kid๐Ÿ˜›
    kidakaka
    Why, what makes you think that we are going to see the dot com bust of 2002 again ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I posted the "CrazyEngineers is 7k Strong" thread on 21[sup]st[/sup] January 2008. Today, on 16[sup]th[/sup] February 2008, we added 1,000 more members, ๐Ÿ˜ ! That is approx 26 days for...
Simple (or so I thought) and easy instructions in setting up your own blog in less than Rs.500 a year!! Purchase a .com comes for somewhere around Rs. 450.00 per...
i need a smal clarification.....to convert a 4 bit line (value 2 to 12 ) into a dual seven segment line ( showing value 2 to 12 in two displays)...
hey ppl,๐Ÿ˜€ does any1 have any knowledge on SOLAR POWER SATELLITES.....๐Ÿ˜• If yes pl post it.
hey, i m final year student of civil engineering.i want to ask you friends that have u any knowledge of shear strength of break.As the bricks are used in load...