Layered 2-D Nano Crystals

Well for any miracle to happen with processing speed or memory or pixel We need to replace the current technology completely And what exactly is current technology It is CMOS

Cmos is the building block of everything now. But There is a much awaited replacement discovered recently by Purdue University researchers. The 2-D nano Crystals is the name to look out for replacing CMOS

Well the size limitations of Cmos has been replaced by this completely A layer is just .7nm thick (3-4 atoms long). But for effective operation it is super imposed into more than one layers thereby size increases to Just 7nm

The gate length is also reduced drastically in this making it a suitable design for CMOS replacement
appenzeller-2dnanocrystal-512x390

But this is yet to be realised practically Cos of this we are having our fingers crossed with this design

Source:Layered ’2D nanocrystals’ could replace CMOS transistors « Kurzweil

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A pick up that has great potential Not in India But in countries around the world This new beast of a car from Callaway is truly a wonder when we...
Challenging the present technology to redesign what was a past technology lets us analyse closely whether the development of a technology will be its boon or bane. What has actually...
July and the launch of CEoM contest has made CE more lively than ever before. It feels like we are back in 2005-2006 when there were just a few CEans...
Hi... I'm a final year EIE student. My interest is in the field of image processing. Here are some other ideas which came to my mind. Do these already exist?...
Next Generation TVs, 4K Ultra-HD Technology(3840x2160) is soon to be replacing 1080p once the development team will workout in the pricing sector of the new technology. While, in the recent...