Lava Icon - The New Android Smartphone Option For Indian Market

Lava Mobiles wants to dazzle its audiences with its new flagship device called 'Lava Icon' or 'Lava Iris Icon' smartphone. The company believes that the phone biggest USP is its 13 megapixel rear camera. Sitting oppositely facing to the 5 megapixel snapper (featuring Omni Vision sensors) on front, the primary camera comes with F2.0 aperture, Sony Exmor sensors, a bundle of face beauty algorithms and various effects that are said enhance the quality of photos captured with Lava Icon. At 7.6 mm, the phone looks pretty sleek and the 5-inch HD IPS display stands out. Available for Rs. 11,990 (which is definitely on the upper side of mainstream Android phones launching these days) via e-commerce store Snapdeal, the Lava Icon hopes to compete with the likes of Moto G (2nd Gen) and Asus Zenfone 2, which is slated for launch on April 23rd.

Carrying a Quad Core engine under its skin, the processor clocked at 1.3 GHz is coupled with ARM Mali 400 MP2 graphics unit. Letting the user have a storage of 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM (32 GB microSD support comes attached), the new Lava Icon smartphone is said to last for 9 hours of talking time on 3G and up to 430 hours on standby, owing to its 2500 mAh Li-Pol battery.

Lava-Icon-Smartphone-Launch
We checked the smartphone's connectivity options and found that it supports GPRS, EDGE, 3G, WiFi, USB and Bluetooth. Other than the basic features that the Android v4.4 KitKat OS will bring out-of-the-box, Lava Icon boasts of various an option of making drawing gestures for accessing certain features of a few apps.

The company believes in its own combination of specifications that it offers on the plate for the customer who is ready to pay a sum of Rs. 11,990. As stated above, the phone is available exclusively for buying via e-commerce portal Snapdeal

What are your thoughts on the new Android smartphone? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I personally liked the specs of MOTO G and Asus Zenfone 2 specs better than this one. On top of that, problem is I would not suggest anyone to buy any product from Snapdeal (May be it's only me, but have had quite bad experiences in the past).

If we won't compare it with other devices, this looks average for a 11K phone. I am not sure what prompts Lava to name it is ICON ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After introducing Stellar 526n smartphone just a couple of days ago, Spice mobiles has made new Android phablet called ‘Stellar 549’ available for purchase via Indian e-commerce, Saholic. Priced at...
Hello guys, Can we find a good job in abroad like other good country? What is the procedure for it?
hi guys i m working on a project of wireless health monitorning system i have done ckt measuring of all parameters but i was getting problems in transmitter n reciver...
Reliance Industries Limited owned Reliance Jio Infocomm has launched a brand new mobile messenger, called Jio Chat. Let's face it - the mobile messenger markets are overcrowded and there's hardly...
SanDisk is here with a bang. With its latest series of launches, everyone is bound to spellbound. Famous for its storage products across the world, this American MNC has today...