KTM Duke 200 - Reviews, Please?

Europe's famous KTM has partnered with Bajaj Automobiles in India to launch the sporty motorcycle KTM Duke 200. I've been noticing that the media is talking a lot about these bikes and I decided to explore more. The bike looks good and has a sporty design. Considering 4 stroke engines as a norm for the motorcycles these days, I'm not quite sure how the bike accelerates. I've not had a test drive yet; but I'd be impressed only if it gives a better acceleration over the old 125 CC two stroke Yamaha bikes I'm in love with.

ktm-duke-200
Image Credit: KTM.com

I'm also yet to find out the on-road price of the bike. Why not hear a bit more about the motorcycle from our mechanical, automobile engineers and tell us whether the bike is worth the price? If anyone has had a test drive of this bike, please share your experience with us.

KTM Duke 200 Specifications (Credit: KTM.com)

ENGINE

Design: Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
Displacement: 200 cm³
Bore: 72 mm
Stroke: 49 mm
Starting aid: Electric starter
Transmission: 6-speed, claw shifted
Engine lubrication:Forced oil lubrication with 1 rotor pump
Primary gear ratio: 22:72
Secondary gear ratio:14:43
Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
Clutch: Clutch in oil bath / mechanically operated
Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment

CHASSIS

Frame: Tubular space frame made from steel tubes, powder-coated
Fork: WP Suspension 4357
Shock absorber: WP Suspension 4618 EM
Suspension travel: Front150 mm
Suspension travel: Rear150 mm
Brake system Front: Disc brake with two-pot brake caliper
Brake system Rear: Disc brake with one-pot brake caliper, floating brake discs
Brake discs - diameter front300 mm
Brake discs - diameter rear230 mm
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4” (520) O‑Ring
Steering head angle65°
Wheel base1,361±15 mm
Ground clearance (unloaded)170 mm
Seat height (unloaded)810 mm
Total fuel tank capacity: ~10.5 liters
Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
Weight without fuel approx.125 kg

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I think it would be a fun little super moto bike good for some applications. It really seems like the small displacement bike market is exploding there in India.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The engine specs sound impressive enough. Secondary gear ratio is 14:43 , which means the bike will start even when engaged in 3rd gear ! (probably) . The honda cb twister starts even in the 4th gear.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I'd become "Sick of bikes at >~=220cc". 👎 100cc bikes are the best 👍 - "Better mileage and for better experience". 😉
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    i would personally prefer the honda unicorn over ktm, because of the high cost, and also because of very low seating area for the pillion rider

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, One of my friend asked me that is it possible to print something in 'C' without semicolon. I had tried more things like turnary operators,MACROs.I cant succeed. But...
halo everybody, i have this idea of a project and would really requests for your comments and support. i have witnessed the long queues in students mess and the main...
halo everybody, i have this idea of a project and would really requests for your comments and support. i have witnessed the long queues in students mess and the main...
Ford's EcoSport looks to be one promising automobile that might just fill the gap between the sedans and SUVs at a price point that would make it affordable to the...
Chevrolet's SUV Captiva is going to be rendered a facelift to attract more customers and now new MPV Chevrolet Enjoy is also paving its way in the Indian car market....