Know your Mods - ES

There are many CEan's who are not really aware of Mod Team members. With the success and popularity of KYCEan, I thought of starting Know Your Mods team thread. I will interview all the mods followed by Biggie... so that all members may know a bit about the team which is working so hard behind the scene to keep CE clean.

First in the series is English Scared AKA Saandeep, Here are the tete I have with him:

[CB]: A brief about Mod – ES?
[ES]:
I am first to represent Mod’s in this KYMOD.  Thanks for choosing me guys.
I am saandeep, a graduate in Electrical Engineering working as a software professional since 4.5 years, I do write short stories. I sing. I am aspiring to be an Entrepreneur.

[CB]: At one time you were one of the most enthusiastic member on CE; your per day post speed was 3 times Biggi’s speed. What motivates you so to be so enthusiastic about CE?
[ES]:
I had lot of time to do so, and I loved CE the questions asked both in Quiz section and Electrical Engineering section were my favorite. I have learnt a lot and contributed more. So that answers my question about speed and enthusiasm.

[CB]: With power come the responsibilities!! Any comments and difference you saw after getting the Mod power on forum?
[ES]:
I found a major difference in the way I posted replies, earlier I was not concerned on what others think of my answers or replies. But after becoming Mod I must be cautious on what I post, since mods are the one next to admin who are responsible and who represent forum (everyone represents though) but these people are much observed. (according to me)

[CB]: In Your KYCEan, and past discussion you told that CE helped you in improving your communication and public speak, do you see any difference in 2 year old novice CEan-ES and Mod CEan-ES? Any suggestions to naïve engineers will help a lot?
[ES]:
You must say the answer to this question, I guess I have improved a bit in my grammar and 2 years of acquaintance taught me to think out of box and do something more than office work, which aspired me to write blogs , and which is more or less the reason behind the entrepreneur seed in me and public speaking I have improved a lot , I can feel the difference now when I talk in my training sessions.
Suggestions: Be positive on all the comments you receive, you will improve.

[CB]: One thing you want to change in CE? Please do not avoid the question.
[ES]:
One thing is the quality of posts, so answering your question here we are not concerned on number of posts anytime. As per me if I look out for answers in any forum I just look for the quality of answer and correctness of it , I never looked at number of members or number of posts in that particular forum. For eg , I never looked at the number of members of sqaforum, but I browse it often to enhance my skills regarding testing tools.

[CB]: Name any 3 personalities you would like to have on CE? Why?
[ES]:
a) I would like to have the creators of Volkswagen cars on CE, As you know that is a great group and the designs of their cars Audi , BMW are quite awesome, I would like to understand how they test them and design them to be that accurate.
B) I would like to have our Prime Minister on CE, if he goes to all the threads we talked about India , I am sure he will take strict measures to avoid corruption and brighten the future of India, at least we can design some product instead to be always a service based.
c) I would like to have Einstein on CE, I just love him his thesis and infact everything about him.
d) I would like to have Sachin on CE, he is inspiration to lot of people across the world, and he according to me is the living example for person achieving peaks of success because of his passion.

[CB]: Your friends call you PHYSCO
[ES]:
This answer my friends answer better  . Yeah they call me physco because of my attitude towards few things, I don’t just go into pubs like them instead I buy some books or photographs which makes them feel so and I am too frank which makes them feel I don’t fit in the world of normal people. I call them at 2 am or 3 am and plan for going somewhere at that point of time , infact I force them to. (We a group of 8 drove from Hyderabad to Chennai one long night just to say good bye to a friend who was travelling to US)

[CB]: Name 5 CEan’s that crossed your mind within 10 seconds(No Cheating Please) and you think are the most potential guy on the forum
[ES]:
Biggie , AKD (this girl has a great future), GF( He can market us everywhere), Voltaire ( He is a genius), Bioramani ( He has vast experience which helps lot of ceans to learn things practically)

[CB]: Pardon me,
[CB]: a. If you had a fight with anyone on CE, and the person becomes inactive, what would be your next step? Had it happen in past?
[ES]:
This happened in the past , I guess you know it. My next action to say sorry. I wish she come back, she was most talented and active I must say sorry to CE that , we are missing her because of me. No one can replace her. I see Java section is missing her too much.

[CB]: b. What if you un-knowingly disable any spammer (Not actually a spammer)?
[ES]:
This has not happened as far as I know. I generally look out on their posts and check the links if they are purely irrelevant I ban them. I check all others posts made by that person, if that happens then I would unban them.

[CB]: c. When you have clash of thoughts with admin?
[ES]:
I had clash of thoughts few times, but thinking again after sometime and looking at the bigger picture I understood his intentions. Deleting old members was the one but its of no use thinking for projection of forum which is always good for CE.

[CB]: Fun Zone

[CB]: a. You are a biker, and long drives are your hobby. Did you ever get a chance to give lift to any girl? If not, do you dream to go on a long drive with any body?
[ES]:
I gave lift to one of my madam in my Engineering, It was quite memorable. No I don’t dream of going long drive with anyone.

[CB]: b. Any blooper of your Life? On CE?
[ES]:
On CE the errors which I have made in English and I saw a post by you saying “I have warned him privately” , I thought it was someone. When I logged in I received a PM, that was the most embarrassing 
In life, I had worked in a café (part time) when I was studying my engineering, and when my friends saw me at café and insulted at college that was not so embarrassing it made me feel so bad at that time.

[CB]: c. One thing about CEan ES, not many know on the forum?
[ES]: I am scared of hospitals and lifts.

[CB]: Quickies
[CB]: a. What would you like the most - long drive with - Girlfriend / long drive with college friends?
[ES]: (I think you will call me Physco now) I love long drives alone, I get beautiful stories and wonderful thoughts when I drive. I recently bought a music player which has recording capability such that if I get ideas I just record them.

[CB]: b. Which is a better to deal with - CEan Member / CEan Mod?
[ES]: Cean member is easy as I answered earlier I can post what I want, but being Mod I must think twice before I post anything . But I am enjoying my responsibilities.

[CB]: c. Who you admire the most - A politician / a Social Worker?
[ES]: I admire none. Politician you all know why, they are meant for corruption and a social worker is one who should work like Mother Theresa, but now-a-days a person who has 100 crores gives away some 50 lacks and gets too much of publicity which is of no use.

[CB]: Some advice for fellow CEan’s as an CE Member
[ES]: CE is awesome place, there are group of people who will be active for few months then all of sudden they become inactive , a new group begins. I ask everyone to be active , there were civil sisters who are active for few months they are awesome in Civil Engineering, I remember suggesting a friend (This friend is through my blog) to join CE as she is a civil Engineer, never know whether she has joined though.

[CB]: Lastly, advice to CEans from Mod – ES
[ES]: Do not post spam, I am fed up reading useless posts. I am going to delete threads after giving 3 warning to the posters, please take this seriously. There are many intelligent ceans who are not logging into CE because of this spam. So I think to retain good members we can delete spam.

Thanks Saandeep for all your effort for keeping CE clean and maintained. It was nice talking to you.

-CB

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Deliberately I kept many questions open ended, I hope that fellaw CEan's will continue asking questions to our Mod.

-CB
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Awesome, What you said about CE is perfectly right.
    And your user name English_Scared is not at all suitable for you now 😀
    Great questions CB and Great answers ES 😀

A small question for ES : Suppose we have a CEan who is super talented and a techno geek and is answering almost all the technical/quiz queries and posting lots of useless posts too; you warned him 3 times, He/She is ignoring. What would you do?

@CB : You brought everything out it seems 😀
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! Awesome Interview... 😀 Nice to know about you ES! 😁

PS: Are you Sandeep or Sreeram?
  • sheevpriyaa
    sheevpriyaa
    hiiiiiiiiiiiii
    its nice to read it
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Whoa! I didn't know we can have KYMODs too. 😀

when I was studying my engineering, and when my friends saw me at café and insulted at college that was not so embarrassing it made me feel so bad at that time.
    That was not a blooper. I would have listed it under my most memorable memories. 😁

If you had a fight with anyone on CE, and the person becomes inactive, what would be your next step? Had it happen in past?
    [ES]:
    This happened in the past , I guess you know it. My next action to say sorry. I wish she come back, she was most talented and active I must say sorry to CE that , we are missing her because of me. No one can replace her. I see Java section is missing her too much.
    We occasionally do have forum flames, but it's our responsibility to end them there. Saying sorry doesn't hurt anyone. I hope we all keep that in mind.

Lastly, thanks for mentioning my name up there. I am sure we will take CE to the greatest heights. 😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    AbraKaDabra
    Whoa! I didn't know we can have KYMODs too. 😀
    I apologies biggi, I didn't consult you before starting this.

I was out from CE and when I joined back I saw a lots of KYCEan and I didn;t even know those CEan's. I thought that, similarly new member must know about our work force. so I started that....

AKD, You will be soon featured in KYMod's ... I have plans that last one of the series will be Biggi... as I will take some time to design questioner for him. 😁

-CB
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nice to know about you ES. This interview is a good read. 😀

P.S: No questions from my side. CB covered them all nicely. 😀
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Awesome read throughout from first question to last 😀
    good to know about you ES once again 😀 (the hidden facts)

@CB: Great Initiative!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sahithi pallavi
    A small question for ES : Suppose we have a CEan who is super talented and a techno geek and is answering almost all the technical/quiz queries and posting lots of useless posts too; you warned him 3 times, He/She is ignoring. What would you do?
    You answered the question, he is super talented so he/she will change, it may take sometime though! But change will definitely come.

@Praveen : I am Saandeep.

@ALL: Thankyou!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good initiative CB 😀 . E-S: I'm quite sure we all will make this initiative bigger and useful for everyone.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    English-Scared
    You answered the question, he is super talented so he/she will change, it may take sometime though! But change will definitely come.
    Thanks for answering my question 😀

And CB - thanks for initiating this. Everyone should know about the Mods first. And definitely people will change by seeing the Interviews of our Mods, You did a Great Job 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I've always wondered why you're display name showed "English-Scared"😐. Nice to know about you developments after joining CE.😁

P.S. English is a superb language, use it wisely and don't be scared to let out you ideas because you never know what you are capable of with a weapon unless you test it.😛
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Hey Sandeep... Why is your name English Scared? Can't get the solution from the interview... 😔
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am saandeep!

When I joined CE, I was not very good at English and I joined after looking at my CAT result 😛 so that made me to put that name.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    crazyboy
    [CB]: a. If you had a fight with anyone on CE, and the person becomes inactive, what would be your next step? Had it happen in past?
    [ES]:[/B] This happened in the past , I guess you know it. My next action to say sorry. I wish she come back, she was most talented and active I must say sorry to CE that , we are missing her because of me. No one can replace her. I see Java section is missing her too much.
    Pardon me...
    Did you ever tried contacting that member again, to bring her back on CE? Could you please do that by any chance?

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    Pardon me...
    Did you ever tried contacting that member again, to bring her back on CE? Could you please do that by any chance?

-CB
    I havent tried it, I would give a try soon!! But not very sure how does it go.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello i want to interface GPS+GSM with pic uc. I need a basic algorithm for the same. i want to use this into tracking based projects. thank you waiting for...
Electrical and/or Electronics engineers can pick up this idea for their final/third year engineering projects. The idea is to develop a smart street light system to cut the electricity usage...
Hey Friends, Today was the toughest and shocking day for me. While I was coming through the main road, a busy one, of my Research Park, I saw almost all...
GUYS I WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN I CONVERT SOUND ENERGY TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY?? IF THIS HAPPEN THEN WE CAN CONVERT ALL THE NEAR US INTO USEFUL ELECTRICAL ENERGY???PLEASE HELP...
Do you know about any foreign/indian universities that offer summer fellowships or internships?