Know your Mods - AKD

After biggi, if any one has seen CE grown so closely, that is Ankita aka AKD. She was quite for a long time, may be we should say she was passive member for a long time. But lately since last 2 years she had made herself inseparable part of CE. She became part of Editor family, and then MOD. Recently I got a chance to discuss few thoughts with her, Here are the few questions with MOD - ABRA KA DABRA.

[CB]: You are the youngest member in the mod team, and I guess only one who is yet to become a certified engineer. How does it feel? How does it feel to join the elite Mod club?

[AKD]- The elite Mod Club is just the place to be for every CEan. It feels awesome. It gives me a sense of responsibility.
For anyone who wants to be a moderator in future, check: #-Link-Snipped-#

[CB]: I must say one of the most talented on forum, what makes you so motivated to strive for the best, ALWAYS?
[AKD]- - Thank you for the compliment, but I believe there are CEans far more talented than I am. I also believe that it's the duty of a mod to spread positivity and motivation throughout the forum. If a moderator himself/herself says I don't see enough technical activity & leaves, that's going to create a lot of negative impression. Instead of sulking, we should keep trying; we often see the best results when we are expecting the least.
We have seen a lot of examples among new and old CEans, who have changed their attitudes towards engineering after joining CE-Forum. I think, as moderators we have to make sure that people feel attached to the forum and return time and again here with not only problems & solutions but also with a sense of belonging. I think all moderators & active CEans should make sure they give back to the forum in multiples of what they receive.

[CB]: I remember, a while back I only interviewed you in KYCEan. At least, I can see a lot of maturity in your posts, any changes you, yourself see in AKD?
[AKD]- - Thanks again. I see a lot of changes in me too. Earlier, I would not feel that initiating discussions is more important than just participating in them. We, as old and experienced members of the forum should make sure there is some useful activity happening across the different sections. As far as maturity of posts is concerned, if we stick with CE for this long, we evolve.

[CB]: One thing you want to change at CE?
[AKD]- - No. of members online at any moment in a day on CE. I really want to change the current figure.

How do we do it? We can see more & more members visiting the forum regularly, if they are encouraged to start discussions and share their small/big queries. We can bring in our friends, who will stick around here with us as long as we are here.
Indian Education System (It's a joke that we still call it a system) has shut the doors of minds of engineers to the possibilities of exploring and though it's tough to digest, the concept of 'forums' or 'online communities' is still unknown to many. That is the reason why we see so low responses to many good threads. But then we are on a 'mission' to invigorate every CEan with new ideas unknown to him/her.

Another thing that I have noticed is 'discussion breeds discussion'. If people see 2-3 CEans discussing, they too jump in to pour their views. I hope all the active CEans got my point here.

[CB]: You are very active in GRE Section! Any plans of giving it pretty soon or its just knowledge enhancement?
[AKD]- - I saw that section dying. I am trying to increase my vocabulary and thought I should share the information on CE. New GRE pattern is going to be in function from 1st of August 2011 and there are not enough resources available for it. I saw an opportunity and I am ON to making it a useful & productive section. I would appreciate if anyone who is taking the GRE helps me with it.

[CB]: Except Biggie, Name 5 CEans that crossed your mind within 5 seconds.
[AKD]- - Sahithi, praveenscience, praveena, ishutopre, WIN, bioramani

[CB]: Pardon me,
[CB]: a. You are very close to biggie, anytime any conflict on the opinion for CE? What was your stance then?
[AKD]- - There have not been any noteworthy differences.

[CB]: b. Quality is a definite requirement at CE. But, at this point of time do you believe that quality of posts matters the most or quantity, considering we are having 100 new members on board daily?
[AKD]- - I think we need both. Quality to achieve the goals with which CE was started and Quantity to make our voice heard. Only when we make enough noise will people know what crazy engineers are up to.

[CB]: c. Tell us one of the duty as a CE cop that you do not like a bit?
[AKD]- - I enjoy every bit of it.

[CB]: d. In a very short span by any chance thoughts of leaving CE had crossed your mind, If yes, how you overcome with that?
[AKD]- - Not even for for a speck in time. I believe in a great future of CE as 'the engineering company'. For the nay-sayers & whistle blowers & pessimists, see it happen to believe it happened. ๐Ÿ˜€

[CB]: e. Any comments on Indian politicians, especially after Bombay blasts and ridiculous statements of Indian politicians?
[AKD]- - It makes me furious. It makes me want to go and shake them and ask them, 'For how long do you think people are going to sit back and tolerate?'.
Indian politicians are brewing shame for themselves. When the anger & frustration among people gets imbued, the bubble is going to burst and I hope it happens soon.

[CB]: Fun Zone
[CB]: a. You love piano and violin. Do you belong from a music loving family?
[AKD]- - I do belong to a music loving family. Nobody has enjoyed a formal training in music, but we are really good listeners.

[CB]: b. Sci-fi is your dream world? Any project that was in your mind and going to come to reality someday pretty soon? May be, a civil mega structure (probably a bridge), a humanoid robot, a green electricity generation plant or some big machinery used to make super cars?
[AKD]- - When I read that question, images ran across my mind in a fast pace. I see all that and more happening under the CrazyEngineers roof one day. Let's dream of a CE Headquarters where we use magic wands to open doors, flying brooms to move around & invisibility cloaks to sneak out.

[CB]: Quickies
[CB]: a. Which name you like the most รข€“ AKD / Ankita?
[AKD]- - I love it when people refer to me as AKD. There is some sort of x-factor attached to it. ๐Ÿ˜

[CB]: b. Which is better to deal with - CEan Member / CEan Mod?
[AKD]- - CEan members do not need to check each and every thread. As a mod I have to check the topics that wouldn't impress me normally.

[CB]: c. Who you admire the most - A Scientist / A Social Worker?
[AKD]- - A Scientist can be a Social Worker on weekends.

[CB]: d. Anything you wanna change in CE?
[AKD]- - I think I already answered that.

[CB]: e. Your dream company for work?
[AKD]- - Do I need to say it again?

[CB]: Some advice for fellow CEans as a CE Member.
[AKD]- - We share a common dream of making CE-Forum the ultimate technology-hub, the best place for finding solutions to the engineering queries. Donรข€™t let your hopes wither away. When we all try it daily with the same spirit, a day will come soon when CEans will be looked up with respect for being the change-makers in the engineering field.
Letรข€™s make it happen TOGETHER. \m/

Thank you,
-CB

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! Awesome read!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Awesome Awesome ,Akd ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    Wow! Awesome answers again ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Great answers.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thumbs up to CE as the Engineering Company! I already see all our CEans together under one 'physical' roof ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you so much guys. Everything on CE means so much to me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @AKD: Of all the lines you said above I loved this line Donโ€™t let your hopes wither away

โ€‹Really one of the best interview. \m/ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Way to go girl! ๐Ÿ‘
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    We share a common dream of making CE-Forum the ultimate technology-hub, the best place for finding solutions to the engineering queries. Donโ€™t let your hopes wither away. When we all try it daily with the same spirit, a day will come soon when CEans will be looked up with respect for being the change-makers in the engineering field.
    Letโ€™s make it happen TOGETHER. \m/
    i love this
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    When I read that question, images ran across my mind in a fast pace. I see all that and more happening under the CrazyEngineers roof one day. Let's dream of a CE Headquarters where we use magic wands to open doors, flying brooms to move around & invisibility cloaks to sneak out.
    Nice answers AKD ๐Ÿ˜€ way to go

@CB:Awesome set of questions..
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    crazyboy

[
    [AKD]- - We share a common dream of making CE-Forum the ultimate technology-hub, the best place for finding solutions to the engineering queries. Donโ€™t let your hopes wither away. When we all try it daily with the same spirit, a day will come soon when CEans will be looked up with respect for being the change-makers in the engineering field.
    Letโ€™s make it happen TOGETHER. \m/
    Yep AKD,CE will definitely become an ultimate technology hub and we all can see the pace๐Ÿ˜€
    We are happy to have you in CE's mod team.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi AKD, you're as ever determined as Biggie. Nice to know that you're into Piano and Violin. And it's great to see you support your brother in this venture. You know as they say, "Behind every successful man, there's a woman". ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @CD & WIN: Thanks. CEans support is all we need.

@Anoop: OMG, That was too much. I am doing the work I love to do the most. Biggie is someone everyone admires once they meet him. It's an honor working for CE.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I felt all the answers were rapid! ๐Ÿ˜€ I loved the interview ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    anuraadha
    I felt all the answers were rapid! ๐Ÿ˜€ I loved the interview ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks anuraadha! ๐Ÿ˜€ Tried best to be spontaneous. ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scott Weaver's Rolling through the Bay I do not know where to post this incredible dynamic sculpture made with toothpicks from around the world. Too CRAZY even for us, whom...
Designfax, Tech for OEM Design Engineers Successful MDA-funded technology brings warfighters and emergency crews back online within an hour
Certainly Crazy enough to win a place here: [video=youtube_share;xdPDn1KUz_A]https://youtu.be/xdPDn1KUz_A[/video]
Graphene...new tool for electronics engineer
Uranium reserve found in Andhra Pradesh could be world's largest : South: India Today . Your views? This new discovery once again reminds us that we are living on a...