Know Your CEan - Voltaire

CEans,

All those who have read the posts from from him know one thing for sure, he is serious about engineering. His posts have been interesting as well as informative. It's just 3 months since he joined us and ever since he has made lasting impression on the forum and everyone in it. He is none other than - #-Link-Snipped-#
Check out our conversation with him -

CE: What is your complete name? You are a Crazy Chemical/Process Engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Voltaire: Blaise Pascal :wink:
I am married with 3 teenage daughters. We live near the mountains in the Western Cape Province of South Africa. I am a chemical engineer and project manager

CE: How did you get introduced to Crazy Engineers (CE)?
Voltaire: I wanted to build a transformerless power supply and ended up here - probably Google

CE: Why did you take up this branch as your engineering trade? What do you like most about it?
Voltaire: It just happened that way. Process engineering and project management gives one exposure to all the different disciplines of engineering. Engineering is challenging and this branch of engineering always brings new challenges. There is also a very wide scope.

CE: What do you like the most about yourself?
Voltaire: Hahahaha. I'm a terrible politician.

CE: What do you do for a living?
Voltaire: I design things to help the environment.

CE: What is your favorite pass time?
Voltaire: I play chess.

CE: Who are your idols or inspirations?
Voltaire: My dad. He is old now and I have always looked up to him for wisdom and inspiration
Myself. You have to believe in yourself.

CE: What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?
Voltaire: I project managed the design, fabrication and commissioning of a petro-chemical plant which is the first and still the only one of its kind in the world.

The CE Quickies aka Rapid Fire:

• 1. Name top 5 CEans.
    Voltaire: Biggie :smile:
  • 2. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
    Voltaire: a. Enough fresh water for everyone
    b. World peace
    c. Pecan nut pie
  • 3. If you were not an engineer, what would you be?
    Voltaire: Unemployed.
  • 4. Your biggest blooper till date is?
    Voltaire: I messed up a calculation on a compressor. My ego was severely dented.
  • 5. Share a moment you can never forget.
    Voltaire: The birth of my kids.

CE: What do you want to say about CE?

Voltaire: CE is an excellent place for minds to meet. It is up to everyone to make the most of it so that we can get the most out of it. The more you put in the more you get out.

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    really nice interview ๐Ÿ‘

good to know you voltaire ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Nice Interview Voltaire.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Cool interview. Voltaire, you are such a pro. I like to be here with you. Thanks for being around.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Really nice interview,Keep the good work going.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Really nice answers from Voltaire.

Blaise Pascal* ๐Ÿ˜

He doesn't want to disclose his real name. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cool KY
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Shot and Sweet Interview.

Voltaire you rocks here on CE. Keep it Up.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice interview Voltaire,We appreciate your suggestions and thoughts.!!
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    It's nice to know about you voltaire..!!
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Really nice interview!
    great thoughts Voltaire!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great Interview of a great person!! by a great person

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TechCrunch reports that Yahoo is about to go through another massive re-organization on Tuesday (Oct. 5) and that means there will be more layoffs at Yahoo. Another top Yahoo boss,...
If you (like me) love playing the classic video games (even today) I am sure you have played the ultra-popular games like: Super-Mario, Pac-Man, Tetris and Contra. If you are...
I saw this video and thought this could have been a GREAT final year project for engineering students. See how a simple problem has been solved by these folks. Watch...
Hello everyone, i am an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering and production technology in Finland, I just joined this site. I hope i get more professional tips here....๐Ÿ˜€
//java CopyFile aage.txt boxdemo.txt import java.io.*; class copyfile { public static void main(String args[])throws IOException { int i; FileInputStream fin; FileOutputStream fout; try { fin=new FileInputStream(args[0]); } catch(FileNotFoundException e) {...